DescriptionA Senior Architect is a trusted advisor, influencer and thought leader whose IT expertise and business knowledge combines to translate business objectives into technology-enabled solutions that deliver the capabilities needed to achieve business results. Influences technology strategy and advises senior leaders based on knowledge and perspective. Applies business, industry, and technical knowledge (across multiple assets, domains, platforms, technologies, vendors, etc.) to lead the delivery of innovative solutions. Provides leadership to appropriately support and maintain technology capabilities. Collaborates across domains to understand business, information, and system implications. Comfortable dealing with ambiguity while solves complex problems, drives innovation, and strives for continuous improvement. Focuses on the broader Thrivent Enterprise while collaborating with leaders, verbally and in writing, to align business and technical concepts in an understandable way. Mentors, trains and coaches staff.
This role is responsible for architecting futuristic customer data solutions to augment & enhance the strategic productization goals and provide customers and business a seamless and improved experience.
At Thrivent, we are focused on a digital transformation that will deliver modern, innovative experiences for our clients, financial advisors, and employees. We are investing in data and technology, using DevOps practices, and building an engineering culture of empowered technical experts. Our technologists are involved in work that includes cloud native development, digital architecture and integration, automation, cloud data platforms, artificial intelligence, and machine learning as well as maximizing platforms such as Salesforce, AWS and Microsoft.
Duties and responsibilities
- Strategy and architecture of Customer Data Portfolio of solutions including Master Data Mgmt. and Customer Analytics in support of Thrivent's digital transformation.
- Evaluate and recommend data solutions to address Customer data management needs of the organization in support of multiple business functions.
- Lead definition, actionable architecture and design of Customer 360 to power digital experiences and personalization
- Experience Full Customer Lifecycle Data Management solutioning.
- Create deliverables that illustrate how to strategically enable business outcomes using customer data solutions.
- Define Design patterns to enable multiple data ingestion and consumption of customer Data.
- Collaborate with Enterprise/Solution Architects, Enterprise Integration, Digital Engineering and other Client enablement product areas to design enabling Customer data solution.
- Engage key business stakeholders and product owners to facilitate both strategy and delivery planning.
- Partner with Data Governance and Data Quality areas to architect customer data solutions to enable.
- Research and provide information on technical trends and competitors' practices relevant to assigned line-of-business (LOB) or business unit (BU) partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in complex engineering environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software engineering plan to deliver.
- Experience architecting software solutions with demanding requirements such as performance, high availability, reliability, security, etc.
- Understand data and system integration patterns and technologies.
- Proficiency in managing large scale initiatives.
- Ability to articulate and transfer complex ideas to a wide audience through both verbal and written communication.
- Strong conceptual, critical thinking, technical and problem-solving skills with good attention to details.
- Must be articulate and have the ability to meet with high level management to present and/or deliver technical documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive experience as an architect.
- 5+ years of experience with a direct responsibility for strategy formulation and/or translation, business analytics, and product management.
- Expert level experience Master Data Management or proven experience in Customer Data Modernization including hands on development skills and experience.
- Expert level knowledge and understanding of different types of business and operating models (existing, new, emerging and hybrid).
- Expert level knowledge of existing, new and emerging technologies and being able to apply them to new business designs and business models.
- Expert level in-depth experience with business transformation and process redesign methods.
- Expert level experience leading multi-disciplined, high-performance work teams.
- Expert level experience developing and monitoring delivery of efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Expert level experience in Cloud Architecture (AWS preferred) for Integration
- Organizationally savvy, understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate obstacles and politics.
- Practical ability to communicate, influence and persuade – business and IT leaders as well as peers.
- Use the language of business leaders and join the conversation that's taking place.
- Displays intellectual curiosity and integrity.
We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking, and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.