SummaryAn established financial planning office for Thrivent in Hermosa Beach is looking for a part-time Office Professional (15-20 hours/week). We’re hiring a motivated candidate to grow with us. If you have a heart for service and helping others, we’d like to connect with you.
This role is critical to our member experience and requires a friendly, upbeat demeanor. The office professional supports the daily operations of the practice, including, but not limited to: answering the phones, meeting/greeting members, handling/distributing postal mail and practice email, ordering supplies, utilizing Thrivent Financial computer systems and programs in support of client relations, and other administrative tasks as assigned.
This position does not provide medical benefits. This position is compensating at $20-25/hr.
- Scheduling meetings with client/members on behalf of the practice’s Financial Representative
- Answer incoming telephone calls and responds to requests for information
- Performs routine administrative duties such as maintaining office supplies and processing mail
- Prepares or coordinates the preparation of routine correspondence, reports, and special projects typically of a routine nature
- Handle and properly document sensitive communications with client/members in a timely manner
- Update the contact management system with client/member contact and preference information
- Assist Financial Representative in the preparation and follow up for the client/member meetings
- Provides back-up support on tasks that do not require any type of licensing or registration for other staff members, as needed
- Completes other miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- High School diploma is mandatory. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Strong technical computer aptitude and knowledge of business tools (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or ability to learn
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks and maintain a high quality of work while experiencing frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain integrity of sensitive/confidential information
- Interpersonal skills and ability to deal with clients in a tactful and courteous manner
As part of the recruiting/hiring/contracting process, a verification of a candidate's background will be made to complete the hiring/contracting process. In addition, fingerprints will be taken for submission to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for review against nationwide fingerprint records