DescriptionThis position is responsible for performing and overseeing daily check processing, ACH processing, wire processing, debit card related activities and processing, and account maintenance. This position provides expert technical and operational support, training and knowledge for all functions related to the credit union’s servicing transaction processing. A broad knowledge of products and services that the credit union offers is required. This position will work directly with the credit union’s customers, internal and external, to accurately process all deposit operation’s servicing transaction requests. This position will also provide support and oversight for both the Deposit Servicing Rep and Advanced Deposit Servicing Rep positions working closely with the Deposit Operations Lead and Deposit Operations Manager.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and processing ACH transactions for one time requests, initial setup, forms processing, ACH reports, chargebacks and ACH requests from internal departments. Also responsible for managing daily activities including, resolving problems, and processing reversals within the ACH process.
- Responsible for client requests which include; check deposits, official credit union check requests, check/statement copies, and fee refunds. Also responsible for account maintenance processing, branch balancing, and End of Day processing, which includes remote deposit capture, remittance processing, and check processing.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, gaining appropriate authorization for and the processing of all wire transactions. Manage daily wire process to ensure adequate funds are available for daily wire funding.
- Responsible for exception processing including managing and processing all stop payment requests and reports, non-post, overdraft processing, special transactions, loan reject reports and other reversal reports.
- Responsible for all research requests received from internal and external clients related to servicing transactions. Also responsible for fulfillment activities which includes preparing deposit forms and client notices.
- Serve as frontline contact with banks, Thrivent Financials Cash Management Department and other areas of the credit union.
- Have a good understanding of all servicing transaction processes and is able to serve in a back-up role for core processing required of a Deposit Servicing Representative. Ability to take on and manage additional projects, including continuous improvement opportunities, outside of the regular daily duties.
Required Job Qualifications
- High School/equivalent education or a 2 year degree preferred.
- 5 years banking operations experience required with customer service experience preferred.
- FIS, or other credit union operations platform, and Fedline Advantage experience preferred
Other Critical Factors
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer-service skills.
- Good organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work accurately, both independently and as a part of a team, with interruptions to meet deadlines.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.