DescriptionThe Thrivent Charitable executive assistant is a senior-level administrative assistant responsible for providing advanced secretarial and administrative support to Thrivent Charitable executives. Responsibilities include handling communications with internal and external constituents, maintaining executives’ schedule and calendars, and coordinating meetings, conferences, presentations, and travel. The executive assistant also composes correspondence, prepares reports and presentation materials, and provides project support.
Since 1995, Thrivent Charitable Impact & Investing (“Thrivent Charitable”) has worked with clients, financial advisors and community partners to spread joy and change lives by helping more people share their blessings with the world. Thrivent Charitable has generated more than $1.8 billion in charitable investments and commitments to support the most important organizations and pressing issues in our communities.
An independent 501(c)(3) public charity, Thrivent Charitable is an important collaborative partner to Thrivent Financial. Leveraging the strengths and capabilities of each organization, Thrivent and Thrivent Charitable collaborate to 1) help more people achieve financial clarity and generosity, enabling lives full of meaning and gratitude; 2) reach more clients who want to a purpose-based plan that includes generosity, charitable and legacy planning; and 3) providing a seamless client experience so that they can fully live out their values.
Thrivent Charitable works with clients (individuals and institutions) to cultivate and facilitate their generosity. This is done through offerings such as donor advised funds, endowments, charitable planning expertise, advice, insurance, annuities and trusts, mission/impact investments, grants vetting and distributions and community partnership. Through their charitable funds, Thrivent Charitable clients have given over $200 million to their communities worldwide. Thrivent Charitable also serves charitable organizations in all 50 states and across the world to grow their endowments and strengthen their ability to serve their communities. A majority of Thrivent Charitable clients are cultivated in close partnership with financial and other professional advisors, for whom Thrivent Charitable provides charitable and legacy planning, education, advice, charitable practice support, resources and ongoing administration of donor/client relationships and accounts across multiple generations. Thrivent Charitable has maintained a constituent (client, advisor, and organizational) annual satisfaction rate of between 92-98% over the last decade.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Models leadership competencies of courage, collaboration, and commitment by demonstrating resiliency, working together to make the best decisions and holding yourself and others accountable.
- Organizes and coordinates executives’ schedule by arranging appointments, maintaining calendars and scheduling meetings, conferences, travel, and presentations.
- Manage planning and prioritization tools for tactical implementation of Thrivent Charitable’s strategic initiatives. Coordinate with leadership team to address project sequencing and resourcing. Assist with collaboration across teams to deliver projects within outlined timelines.
- Relieves executives of routine administrative details, including project tracking, expense reporting, data compilation and analysis.
- Prepares meeting agendas and briefings, maintains meeting notes, and arranges for implementation of action items.
- Prepares presentation materials and spreadsheets to produce high quality reports, presentations, and other documents.
- Maintains and promotes strong business relationships with key stakeholders in support of management objectives.
- Researches, prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Senior Executives, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral or response
- Provides back up support for Board and Executive Liaison such as handling telephone calls, greeting visitors, meeting planning and responding to information requests,
- Handles additional initiatives and projects as requested by the Senior Executive Team.
Required Job Qualifications
- 5 or more years of administrative and project administration experience
- Advanced business computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to handle multiple projects or tasks while effectively prioritizing to meet deadlines and maintain a high quality of work
- High level of integrity and dependability; ability to maintain integrity of sensitive/confidential information
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude
- High EQ and relationship skills
- Flexibility and ability to think on the spot and manage change with ease and professionalism
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong client-centric mindset.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with a variety of people, including executives, staff, clients, organizations, vendors, and collaborative partners.
- A willingness to advance Thrivent Charitable’s purpose, vision and mission
- Bachelor’s degree required
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Experience in financial services.
- Experience with mission-driven organizations.
- Consulting experience with a focus on operations management.
- Proven success in a project coordination role.
- Strong project reporting skills with a focus on interdepartmental communication.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.