Thrivent Financial Advisor
Meaningful work. Rewarding career.
Make an impact providing holistic purpose-based financial advice to clients, helping them achieve their goals. You’ll enjoy the satisfaction of making a difference in the lives of the people you serve while also having control over the income you earn, as you’ll be paid through commissions and incentives based on your success.
At Thrivent, you’ll receive the support, stability and opportunity of a Fortune 500 leader. We offer up to 24 weeks of paid training and coaching as you obtain your state insurance licenses (life, health & variable contracts), Series 7 and 66 registrations, and complete Thrivent’s comprehensive advisor onboarding program.
As a Thrivent Financial advisor, you’ll:
- Build a financial practice guiding Christians on their journeys to financial clarity, empowering lives of service and faith.
- Provide personal, actionable and achievable advice and connect clients to Thrivent insurance, investment, banking and generosity programs.
- Develop and maintain genuine, long-term relationships based on trust and understanding, with the ability to serve clients in your chosen community.
- Make client appointments by leveraging your network and Thrivent’s reputation, delivering award-winning financial workshops and marketing your practice.
- Have the flexibility to control your schedule, allowing for work-life balance.
- Get the support of specialists from every facet of the organization—such as business development, marketing, technology, engagement, and experienced advisors—as you build your business.
Our culture and our people are special. We’re looking for people who are – or want to become – part of the communities where clients live, work and worship. Whether you’re a seasoned financial professional or looking for a career change, you could be a successful Thrivent Financial advisor if you’re:
- Self-disciplined, independent and driven to succeed.
- Motivated by helping others and seeing them achieve their goals.
- A natural coach or guide with strong interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about living a life of generosity by serving others, not just selling products.
Successful Thrivent financial advisors have come from a variety of career backgrounds, including outside sales, business management, education, ministry, hospitality, military and more. Skills acquired in these fields transition well into the financial advisor role.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Attainment of FINRA SIE, life and health licenses (licensed role only) before contracting.
- Satisfactory background check, fingerprinting and securities registration and/or insurance licensing verification, if applicable.
Compensation and Benefits
You’ll get all the benefits of a Fortune 500 organization and more. Here, you’ll enjoy:
- Unlimited earning potential through biweekly base commissions, bonus opportunities and incentive pay structures.
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- Pension, 401(k) and retiree medical plans.
- Ongoing support, training and opportunity for professional growth.
- Well-being programs to help you manage your physical, emotional and financial health.
- Gift matching program to double your contributions to eligible nonprofit organizations and volunteer programs that support your efforts to make a difference.
- Membership programs that help you connect with your clients and engage Christians to make a real impact in your community.
Thrivent is a diversified financial services organization that, with its subsidiary and affiliate companies, serves more than 2.3 million clients, offering advice, insurance, investments, banking and generosity products and programs. For more than 100 years, Thrivent has been helping Christians build their financial futures and live more generous lives. Today, Thrivent is a not-for-profit, membership-owned Fortune 500 company with $179 billion in assets under management/advisement (as of 12/31/23). Thrivent carries ratings from independent rating agencies which demonstrate the strength and stability of the organization, including an A++ rating from AM Best; an Aa2 rating from Moody's Investors Service; and an AA+ rating from S&P Global Ratings. Ratings are based on Thrivent's financial strength and claims-paying ability, but do not apply to investment product performance.
Thrivent values diversity and inclusion, and we’re committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, sex, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state or federal laws. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is the marketing name for Thrivent Financial for Lutherans. Insurance products, securities and investment advisory services are provided by appropriately appointed and licensed financial advisors and professionals. Only individuals who are financial advisors are credentialed to provide investment advisory services. Visit Thrivent.com or FINRA’s Broker Check for more information about our financial advisors.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.