DescriptionWe are looking for a creative and resourceful individual with strong consumer insights skills and leadership experience to join our Research & Insights team as a Research & Strategy Advisor. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, naturally curious, customer or client focused, a self-starter, comfortable working through ambiguity, and has a passion for getting to, and sharing, deep, differentiated insights. This role requires a broad range of research experience (including qualitative, quantitative, cultural insights, design research), as well as strong data collection, analysis, synthesis, and storytelling skills and abilities. As a Research & Strategy Advisor, you will be responsible for working with cross-functional partners to assess learning needs, scope projects, lead research, and deliver actionable insights, as well as the key implications of those insights for current and future business and marketing strategies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Build strong relationships with leaders across the organization.
- Champion the voice of the customer within the business and across functions
- Work with partners to understand knowledge gaps and align on a learning plan to address
- Direct the design and development of single- and mixed-method qualitative and quantitative research projects, bringing new approaches to solve problems
- Select and manage research vendors and deliver research outputs on time and budget
- Effectively manage Sr. Insights Analysts and Insights Analysts in project work
- Manage multiple projects and workstreams concurrently
- Appropriately escalate project issues and risks, and help drive to resolution
- Get to deep, differentiated insights that provide a competitive advantage for Thrivent
- Synthesize multiple research efforts into a single, compelling narrative
- Effectively translate client and marketplace insights into actionable, forward-thinking implications for business partners’ current and future strategies
- Help design and lead workshops for senior leaders that build client empathy, bring insights to life, and clarify strategic implications in ways that compel leaders to act
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Approximately 7+ years of quantitative and qualitative research experience
- Represent the voice of the Client by building an in-depth understanding of their experience
- A track record of success in developing deep, differentiated consumer insights and guiding leaders to act on them through strong communication and storytelling skills
- Ability to work flexibly and efficiently, exercising a balance between rigor and speed
- An ability to thrive in ambiguous environments
- An ability and willingness to lead thought-provoking conversations with partners
- Create an environment of psychological safety, belonging, empowerment, and connection to Thrivent’s higher purpose
- Gain trust from others by living Thrivent values, supporting words with actions, and collaborating with positive intent & follow-through
- Experience within the Financial Services industry is a plus
- Ability to travel domestically 10-20% of the time
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.