DescriptionAs an Architect you will translate business needs into technical solutions and defining solutions to problems through reasoned application of information technology. Partner effectively with IT leadership, engineering, peers, and enterprise-wide stakeholders to ensure application architecture solutions are built with a long-term vision and align with enterprise platform requirements. Provide leadership and oversight to various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies, including Scrum meetings and sprint team deliverables. Architects need to stay current with the latest technologies for their products / domain and should be able to be hands-on when required.
At Thrivent, we are focused on a digital transformation that will deliver modern, innovative experiences for our clients, financial advisors, and employees. We are investing in data and technology, using DevOps practices, and building an engineering culture of empowered technical experts. Our technologists are involved in work that includes cloud native development, digital architecture and integration, automation, cloud data platforms, artificial intelligence, and machine learning as well as maximizing platforms such as Salesforce, AWS and Microsoft.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply expert knowledge and broad understanding of multiple disciplines, and integrate expert knowledge of technical principles/methods of multiple disciplines with knowledge of products/services and internal operations
- Lead contributor on the design of critical path/technology initiatives. Develop integrated solutions based on business requirements. Contribute to complex and innovative business solutions to achieve strategic objectives for the business segment
- Solve complex, critical problems related to significant and unique issues. Use extensive research and interpretative thinking. Utilize innovative methods in developing solutions. Work on abstract problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables
- Assist product group with designing, developing, documenting and analyzing overall architecture of systems, including hardware and software. Make product recommendation based on duration and SDLC
- Coordinate design and integration with Engineering of total system including subsystems. Research and recommend technology to improve the current systems, including meeting with outside vendors to learn about cutting-edge technologies available in the industry
- Models Thrivent’s leadership competencies – courage, collaboration, and commitment by demonstrating resiliency, working together to make the best decisions, and holding yourself and others accountable.
- Supports and/or develops an environment in which Thrivent employees and colleagues are focused on continuous improvement, exceptional employee engagement, and an unwavering commitment to our clients. Shapes and/or supports a culture that represents the Thrivent purpose, promise and values, ensuring that Thrivent’s trust and reputation remain strong with its clients.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in complex engineering environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software engineering plan to deliver
- Experience architecting software solutions with demanding requirements such as performance, high availability, reliability, security, etc.
- Understand data and system integration patterns and technologies
- Proficiency in managing large scale initiatives
- Ability to articulate and transfer complex ideas to a wide audience through both verbal and written communication.
- Strong conceptual, critical thinking, technical and problem solving skills with good attention to details.
- Must be articulate and have the ability to meet with high level management to present and/or deliver technical documentation.
- Financial Services industry experience
We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.