DescriptionAs Staff Engineer you will work independently and with your peers to translate customer needs into technical solutions You will do this through leveraging internal resources as well as prior industry experience. You will partner with IT leadership peers and enterprise-wide stakeholders to ensure solutions are built with a long-term vision and align with enterprise platform requirements. Provide leadership, mentoring, and guidance to various IT methodologies including Agile, DevOps, and Reliability practices.
At Thrivent, we are focused on a digital transformation that will deliver modern, innovative experiences for our clients, financial advisors, and employees. We are investing in data and ML technology, using DevOps practices, and building an engineering culture of empowered technical experts. Our technologists are involved in work that includes cloud native development, digital architecture and integration, automation, cloud data platforms, artificial intelligence, and machine learning as well as maximizing platforms such as Salesforce, AWS and Microsoft.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support ML pipelines and solutions.
- Help develop sustainable ML based solutions with current and leading technologies to transform business.
- Lead and develop other up and coming engineers.
- Actively engage in technology strategy and solution architecture across enterprise
- Grasp / master new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives.
- Build robust systems with an eye on automation and the long-term maintenance and support of the application.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, or related field
- 6+ years of experience with ML Engineering and Design and implementation of ML Pipelines, Machine Learning Development Cycle, Model Deployment/Monitoring, Model Governance
- 6+ years of experience in Machine learning related field including prior lead experience. Advanced in-depth knowledge of Predictive Analytics, Statistical modeling, advanced mathematics, Neural Networks, Natural Language Processing, Image Processing, Recommendation Systems, Bias detection/removal, Explainable AI
- At least 6 years of Machine Learning Engineering experience: Python, Java or Scala, Data Science/ML packages, tools and platforms: Numpy, Pandas, SKLearn Tensorflow, Keras, Sagemaker
- At least 2 years of Data Engineering experience with Big Data Technologies: Apache Spark, Hadoop, or Kafka
- At least 1 year of experience in Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science / Data Science
- 4+ years of experience working with AWS: S3, Redshift, EMR, or EC2
- 3+ years of experience working with automated build and continuous integration systems.
- 2+ years of experience with Linux systems
- Learning Agility
- System and Technology Integration
- Technology Trends and Directions
- Critical Analysis
- Systems Thinking
We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.