DescriptionThe Video Content Creator is responsible for developing video-based content as a principal storyteller for Thrivent, helping lend a voice to our role of helping people thrive with their finances and live a purpose-driven life. This storyteller will collaborate with the executive producer and an integrated team across Thrivent to tell our story. We are looking for a creative storyteller who will plan, develop, record, edit and execute video-based content. The Video Content Creator is solely responsible for all phases of video content creation. He/she must also be willing to learn, adapt and anticipate the constant evolution of digital media.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of various creative marketing deliverables, including videos, animations, motion graphics, music and other multimedia content.
- Manage the entire video content creation timeline, including ideation, storyboarding, shooting, editing, graphics, color and audio correction, and delivery.
- Contribute to the building and refining of Thrivent’s brand identity.
- Strategize, develop and maintain content for all Thrivent channels, including social media, website, intranet, internal meetings, and more.
- Assist with digitizing content that is traditionally delivered in-person to meet the evolving needs of consumers.
- Operations, project- and event-based support on an as-needed basis
- Models Thrivent’s leadership competencies – courage, collaboration, and commitment by demonstrating resiliency, working together to make the best decisions, and holding yourself and others accountable.
- Supports and/or develops an environment in which Thrivent employees and colleagues are focused on continuous improvement, exceptional employee engagement, and an unwavering commitment to our clients. Shapes and/or supports a culture that represents the Thrivent purpose, promise and values, ensuring that Thrivent’s trust and reputation remain strong with its clients.
- This role will interact with individual contributors, directors and managers, Sr. leaders as well as field leaders. Additionally, this role influences the way we show up across social media channels, website, intranet and more, to spearheading trial of different content strategies on our various platforms.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution, or equivalent previous work experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in journalism and/or corporate storytelling.
- Proficiency with applicable software programs, such as the Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office and video editing and recording systems. Knowledge of proper usage and licensing requirements for video and music.
- Proficiency with applicable equipment, such as DSLR cameras, lighting, audio, drones, etc.
- Ability to produce and edits multiple projects simultaneously and independently and produce high-quality output within specific time constraints. Highly refined abilities in time management, prioritization, and administration.
- Personal passion for creating original content and staying on top of trends
- Ability to present and communicate ideas to team, and take feedback in good spirits
- Strong storytelling skills
- Receptive to new ideas and willing to pivot
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills
- Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented approach with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Experience working in large, complex organizational initiatives
- Financial Services knowledge or background
- Experience working with and coaching senior leaders for working on video
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.