DescriptionThe position works in partnership with the Manager of Engagement (ME) to provide leadership to the integrated community engagement plan of the region. The Assistant Manager of Engagement (AME) leads 6 Engagement Leaders to attract prospective members to Thrivent and grow membership in key markets in the region. The AME works with the ME to develop a strategic plan to grow clients, engage members and make a societal impact by helping them find financial clarity and inspiring them to live lives of meaning and gratitude. The AME grows a key market in the region, and models effective community engagement with their team of Engagement Leaders:
1.Developing Engagement Leaders
2.Growing a key market by engaging community, church, and non-profit organizations
3.Leading a Thrivent Member Network (TMN) board within the region
4.Activating members to build advocates and deepen engagement in Thrivent’s mission
This individual will serve the Baltimore, MD and Boston, MA regions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Lead Regional Community Engagement Team
- In partnership with the ME, build, motivate, lead, and retain a deployed diverse Engagement Team
- Lead and manage 6 EL’s in region (in partnership with ME) with the goal of delivering on regional and market growth plans, i.e., prospect connects, member/prospective member events and membership growth
- Develop and activate strategic partnerships with organizations in the region; create and execute on plan with each to drive results (i.e., grow financial clarity activity, grow prospect engagement leading to prospect connects and ultimately grow clients)
- Ensure FP (financial professional) engagement plans and strategies are executed on
- Develop a key market within region by creating a strategic growth plan and engaging stakeholders
- Other leadership responsibilities as prescribed by ME and TMN plan
Drive Business Results
- Assist ME and Engagement Specialist(s) in tactical business planning process from a “boots on the ground” perspective
- Share the voice of clients with to corporate program areas to ensure client needs are being met
- With the ME, lead EL’s to engage clients and prospective clients in their local markets to create advocates of Thrivent
- Act as regional lead on the Thrivent Communities program and other programs as determined by the ME in order to grow clients, engage members and make a societal impact. Ensure annual planning related to program is effective and aligns to stakeholder needs and desired outcomes. Be a liaison between Thrivent Communities program and Membership team at corporate.
- Act as VP of one TMN
- Be the regional lead contact for Thrivent special projects as determined by ME (i.e. Habitat, Faith Builds, Thrivent Communities, etc.)
- Represent Thrivent Membership programs and events in the region and in conjunction with business plan (i.e. speaking opportunities, events)
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Highly connected to their local Christian community
- People leadership experience with remote teams
- Experience developing talent
- Volunteer or community leadership
- Demonstrated ability to build, activate, and leverage networks
Other Critical Factors
- Must live in region and have the ability to travel up to 20%.
- Proven results in Engagement Leader or comparable role
- Delegation, influence and collaboration skills across region and enterprise
- Demonstrated collaboration, commitment and courage in current role
- Ability to work evenings/weekends.
You don’t need to be Christian to join our team. You do need the passion to help our clients to financial clarity and living lives of meaning and gratitude. Thrivent strives to provide an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, sex, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state or federal laws. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.