DescriptionSince 1995, Thrivent Charitable Impact & Investing (“Thrivent Charitable”) has worked with clients, financial advisors and community partners to spread joy and change lives by helping more people share their blessings with the world. Thrivent Charitable has generated more than $1.8 billion in charitable investments and commitments to support the most important organizations and pressing issues in our communities.
An independent 501(c)(3) public charity, Thrivent Charitable is an important collaborative partner to Thrivent Financial. Leveraging the strengths and capabilities of each organization, Thrivent and Thrivent Charitable collaborate to 1) help more people achieve financial clarity and generosity, enabling lives full of meaning and gratitude; 2) reach more clients who want to a purpose-based plan that includes generosity, charitable and legacy planning; and 3) providing a seamless client experience so that they can fully live out their values.
Thrivent Charitable works with clients (individuals and institutions) to cultivate and facilitate their generosity. This is done through offerings such as donor advised funds, endowments, charitable planning expertise, advice, insurance, annuities and trusts, mission/impact investments, grants vetting and distributions and community partnership. Through their charitable funds, Thrivent Charitable clients have given over $200 million to their communities worldwide. Thrivent Charitable also serves charitable organizations in all 50 states and across the world to grow their endowments and strengthen their ability to serve their communities. A majority of Thrivent Charitable clients are cultivated in close partnership with financial and other professional advisors, for whom Thrivent Charitable provides charitable and legacy planning, education, advice, charitable practice support, resources and ongoing administration of donor/client relationships and accounts across multiple generations. Thrivent Charitable has maintained a constituent (client, advisor, and organizational) annual satisfaction rate of between 92-98% over the last decade.
The Thrivent Charitable manager of grants and donor services leads the grants and donors services team to meet annual and strategic goals. As part of this, the manager leads, manages, and participates in the organization’s donor services efforts, which include donor onboarding, cultivation, engagement, education, solicitation, and stewardship in partnership with clients’ financial advisors. The manager also leads, manages, and participates in Thrivent Charitable’s annual collaborative, field-of-interest, and scholarship grantmaking programs to drive community impact.
* This role can be remote within the United States
* Pay range: $117,000 - $145,000
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Collaborates with Thrivent Charitable’s leadership team in organizational and strategic planning and development. Leads annual planning and budgeting for the grants and donor services department
- Manages Thrivent Charitable’s donor services program to achieve a meaningful and seamless client experience, including responsibility for the annual strategy, donor onboarding, engagement, education and retention, program evaluation, and related policies, procedures and processes.
- Manages Thrivent Charitable’s grantmaking program to achieve community impact, including responsibility for the annual strategy, annual and multi-year collaborative, field of interest and scholarship grantmaking, program evaluation, and related policies, procedures and processes.
- Builds strong relationships with internal and external constituents, including donors, churches and other institutional clients, grantees, professional advisors, Thrivent Financial team members, and organizations relevant to Charitable’s purpose, vision and mission to drive growth in assets under management (AUM), outright and deferred gifts, and community investment through grantmaking.
- Supports Thrivent Charitable with engagement and integration with its key partners, including Thrivent. Participates in partnerships with Thrivent to effectively influence the strategic direction of generosity programs and implement strategic and collaborative generosity initiatives.
- As a subject matter expert, participates in the identification, acquisition and implementation of technology solutions and tools to improve constituent management, donor engagement, and grants processes, to deliver on seamless and meaningful service and impact.
- Recruits, develops, and sustains a high-performing team while promoting a culture of shared accountability, operational excellence, and partnership across the organization and with Thrivent.
- Models Thrivent’s leadership competencies – courage, collaboration, and commitment by demonstrating resiliency, working together to make the best decisions, and holding yourself and others accountable.
- Supports and/or develops an environment in which Thrivent Charitable employees and colleagues are focused on continuous improvement, exceptional employee engagement, and an unwavering commitment to our clients. Supports a culture that represents the Thrivent Charitable purpose, vision and mission and the Thrivent purpose, promise, and values, ensuring that Thrivent Charitable and Thrivent’s trust and reputations remain strong with their clients.
- Is available for travel 25% time for donor visits, grantee site visits, meetings with professional advisors, and visits with other external Charitable constituents nationwide.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in foundations, nonprofits or public organizations.
- Strong experience working with donors and nonprofit partners.
- Experience writing, reviewing and/or evaluating grants.
- People leadership experience.
- High EQ and ability to represent the organization with key internal and external audiences, such as the general public, Thrivent colleagues, professional advisors, nonprofit agencies, foundations, and donors.
- Strong, demonstrated writing and communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships.
- High learning agility, strong problem-solving skills.
- Professional flexibility to work with change and adapt accordingly
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude.
- A willingness to advance Thrivent Charitable’s purpose, vision and mission.
- Experience guiding and stewarding donors to give in line with their values and interests.
- Experience with grantmaking program design, execution and evaluation.
- Strategic and annual planning and budgeting experience.
- Experience working with professional advisors to support their clients’ philanthropy.
- An understanding of the rules and regulations applicable to public charities and grantmaking through donor advised and other types of funds.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.