DescriptionThrivent’s West Advisor Group Assistant Manager of Engagement (AME) is an experienced professional who is an expert communicator, strong people leader, and exemplary project manager who leads teams in a matrix environment. As the Assistant Manager of Engagement, the position drives large scale cross-functional initiatives that are tied to Thrivent’s corporate and regional business needs.
The position works in partnership with the Manager of Engagement (ME) and regional leadership team to develop and execute an integrated client growth, client engagement, and societal impact strategies for the region.
The Assistant Manager of Engagement (AME) leads a team of Engagement Leaders throughout the region (WA, OR, MT, AK, HI, CA, NV, AZ, ID, NM) who execute on a regional client and prospect experience, build strategic partnerships within primary markets, and work with financial advisors (FAs) to drive business development, prospect engagement, and client engagement strategies.
The AME works with the ME to develop a strategic plan to grow clients, engage clients and make a societal impact by helping them find financial clarity and inspiring them to live lives of meaning and gratitude. The AME grows a key market in the region, and models effective engagement with their team of Engagement Leaders.
1. Attracting and developing Engagement Leaders
2. Growing a key market through strategic partnerships in community
3. Supporting and leading regional Board of Directors (Thrivent Member Networks)
4. Providing leadership and support to building and executing regional strategies
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Lead Regional Engagement Team
- In partnership with the ME, attract, develop, and retain a diverse team of Engagement Leaders
- Provide leadership and support to Engagement Leaders (in partnership with ME), delivering on regional and market growth plans through events, workshops, networking, and executing the regional client/prospect experience in market.
- Develop and activate strategic partnerships with organizations in the region, delivering on lead generation and client engagement opportunities.
- Ensure FA (financial advisor) engagement plans and strategies are being developed and executed on consistently in market, producing business development activity and client growth/engagement outcomes.
- Develop a key market within region by creating a strategic growth plan and engaging stakeholders.
- Other leadership responsibilities as prescribed by ME and regional strategic plan.
Drive Business Results
- Assist ME and Engagement Specialist(s) in tactical business planning process from a “boots on the ground” perspective
- Share the voice of clients with to corporate program areas to ensure client needs are being met
- With the ME, lead EL’s to engage clients and prospective clients in their local markets to create advocates of Thrivent
- Act as VP/Secretary for 1-2 Regional Board of Directors (Thrivent Member Network
- Be the regional lead contact for Thrivent special projects as determined by ME
- Represent Thrivent Membership (client) programs and events in the region and in conjunction with business plan (i.e. speaking opportunities, events)
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Highly connected to their local Christian community
- People leadership experience with remote teams
- Experience developing talent
- Volunteer or community leadership
- Demonstrated ability to build, activate, and leverage networks
Other Critical Factors
- Must live in region and have the ability to travel up to 20%.
- Proven results in Engagement Leader or comparable role
- Delegation, influence and collaboration skills across region and enterprise
- Demonstrated collaboration, commitment and courage in current role
- Ability to work evenings/weekends.
Thrivent’s long-term growth depends on attracting, rewarding, and retaining people who are committed to helping others thrive with purpose. We accomplish this by offering a wide variety of market competitive compensation programs to attract, reward, and retain top talent.
The applicable salary or hourly wage range for this full-time role is $83,000 - $114,000 per year which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will be determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to, location, relevant experience, skills, and knowledge, business needs, market demand, and other factors Thrivent deems important.
Thrivent is unique in our commitment to helping people to be wise with money and live balanced and generous lives. That extends to our benefits. The following benefits may be offered: various bonuses (including, for example, annual or long-term incentives); medical, dental, and vision insurance; health savings account; flexible spending account; 401k; pension; life insurance; disability insurance; accidental death and dismemberment insurance; 20 days of Paid Time Off each year; 10 paid company holidays; Volunteer Time Off; paid parental leave benefits; among other employee benefits. Eligibility for receipt of these benefits is subject to the applicable plan/policy documents. Thrivent’s plans/policies are subject to change at any time in Thrivent’s discretion.
You don’t need to be Christian to join our team. You do need the passion to help our clients to financial clarity and living lives of meaning and gratitude. Thrivent strives to provide an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, sex, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state or federal laws. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.