DescriptionPurpose: Why we exist
We believe humanity thrives when people make the most of all they’ve been given.
Promise: What we exist to do
We help people achieve financial clarity, enabling lives full of meaning and gratitude.
The NPG Engagement Leader (EL) provides leadership to the NPG practice consultation with practices to help NPG practices leverage membership programs and the NPG Menu of Services in alignment with their growth and engagement goals. The NPG EL supports NPG practice plans to attract prospective members to Thrivent and engages members in membership activities and links the practice to local engagement support when needed. At the direction of the Manager of Engagement the EL supports the NPG Menu of Services for membership engagement.
1.Support NPG Practice Consultation meetings with NPG practices in collaboration with
2.Educate NPG financial practices on membership programs and ways to leverage them to grow clients, engage members and make a societal impact
3.Collaborate with local engagement leadership when needs for local community engagement support arise with NPG practices.
4.Support the development of an integrated Engagement and Marketing plan for the NPG Practice teams through the Practice Consultation process
5.Document relationship building activities through the Salesforce B2E CRM.
This can be a remote position within the US.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Attract Prospective Members to Grow Membership
- Equip financial professionals to share Thrivent and their role with the NPG team in a compelling way
- Consult with and equip NPG practices to engage clients leveraging Thrivent’s membership programs
- Collaborate with NPG Marketing team, NPG relationship managers and Membership team to support the NPG Menu of Services
Engage and Activate Thrivent Member Network
- Execute the NPG Menu of Services for engagement through engagement with NPG practices and communication with clients
- Learn from the members in the market served so engagement activities align with local community needs
- Help the region’s financial representatives leverage Membership programs to grow clients, engage members and impact society
Community Engagement Leader in the local market
- Collaborate with NPG leadership team, financial advisors and their support staff, and clients to ensure the activities are relevant to NPG.
- Ensure that all community engagement activities have a strong promotion plan with clients, prospective clients, and key church and community relationships so that the investment of resources in those activities will lead to growth and impact.
- Create strong follow up plans for all engagement activities. Collaborate with regional support team roles and field leaders to make sure appropriate follow up is completed by financial professionals, and leadership team members
- For all activities EL engages in, ensure proper documentation of outcomes in Salesforce CRM. Leverage other data and tracking tools as EL builds market member growth plans
- Participate in NPG meetings and leadership meetings as requested, representing engagement team efforts
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required or commensurate experience.
- Experience in sales development and community development in financial services desirable.
- Highly connected in Christian community represented in market served.
- Demonstrated ability to build, activate and leverage networks. Community engagement experience helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and execute plans with individuals and groups to achieve an outcome.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others for goal achievement without authority.
Other Critical Factors
- Extensive church, non-profit and personal network within key market preferred.
- Ability to work 60% of the workweek within the market (3 of 5 days), and able to work evenings and weekends.
- Regularly engage with churches and community organizations weekly, assist with and/or attend minimum of 1 engagement event or workshop in the market each week.
- Regularly conduct weekly in-person meetings with Financial Professionals, field leadership and partner organizations, and with the new financial professionals 1-4 years in tenure.
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) preferred in specific markets.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.