DescriptionThe Customer Data Owner will be responsible to drive efficiencies as well as value creation through customer data management, data exploitation, data-enabled strategies and driving business outcomes through the use of data. In this position, the Customer Data Owner will develop and execute the data strategy for customer data globally across all Thrivent enterprises and functions.
At Thrivent, we are focused on a digital transformation that will deliver modern, innovative experiences for our clients, financial advisors, and employees. We are investing in data and technology, using DevOps practices, and building an engineering culture of empowered technical experts. Our technologists are involved in work that includes cloud native development, digital architecture and integration, automation, cloud data platforms, artificial intelligence, and machine learning as well as maximizing platforms such as Salesforce, AWS and Microsoft.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and assign Business and Technical Data Stewards within the Business Data Domain
- Collaborate with managers of Data Stewards to set goals and objectives for Data Stewards and ensure Data Stewards participate in meetings, projects and initiatives
- Establish and lead the Business Data Domain Working Group or delegate to someone
- Establish and enforce Business Data Domain level policies, standards and processes for data creation, collection, processing, access, dissemination, and disposal.
- Ensure compliance with Information Lifecycle Management (ILM), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and the Information Delivery Lifecycle (IDLC)
- Initiate governance activities and ensure they are coordinated and aligned within the BDD
- Lead the Business Data Domain Working Group or delegate to someone
- Serve as a point of coordination and communication between Data Stewards within the BDD
- Represent the Business Data Domain and its Data Stewards in meetings.
- Make recommendations on staffing and capacity needs for Data Stewards
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business, Finance or Information Systems, or equivalent
- 8+ years of professional experience in related positions working with data, integrations or databases including 3+ years prior lead experience
- 4 to 6 years of experience in data governance disciplines: metadata management; data quality analysis; data quality remediation; data profiling and data lineage and business intelligence and data architecture.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in all phases of data lifecycle
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking and leadership skills
- Understanding of enterprise information management and data management principles
- Experience managing metadata in a repository or supporting a data management program
- Experience with industry leading metadata and data quality tools
- Knowledge of data governance industry best practices, including governance structures and frameworks
- Experience in developing and implementing data governance policies, processes and standards
- Ability to facilitate small group (up to 20) discussion and decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to deal with multiple and sometimes conflicting personal agendas
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, ability to tailor messages to different levels of the business, and interact with all levels and functions within an organization
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities, identify and deliver on critical tasks, while ensuring quality, professional work and maintaining high standards
- Ability to navigate and work effectively in a dynamic environment, maintaining strong relationships across functional teams
- Ability to apply good discretion and exercise judgement
- Ability to work independently with light to moderate supervision in various areas of responsibility
- Proficient with Microsoft Office desktop tools (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Advanced degree or equivalent in MIS, Computer Science or related field
- Experience with financial services preferred
- Understanding of Thrivent’s Technology capabilities
Other Critical Factors
- Learning Agility
- System and Technology Integration
- Technology Trends and Directions
- Systems Thinking
We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.