DescriptionAs a Usability Specialist within Thrivent's Digital & Design team (responsible for all client-facing digital experiences) you are hands-on in creating new and differentiated digital experiences with humans at the heart. You'll collaborate with cross-functional digital product teams anywhere between discovery and research of new ideas to delivering those ideas to the market. You're eager to learn, excited by ambiguity, and able to skillfully contribute to the evolution of a fast-growing digital brand. You have a passion for quality in your craft, and you are ready to bring it to a new, high-impact team of thinkers and doers who are breaking down boundaries of what's possible for digital products in our industry.
Yeah, we're doing things differently, and we're just getting started. Sound like your thing? Join in on the action.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with product/experience owners to create test plans (usability, user interface quality assurance, and accessibility)
- Collaborates with product/experience owners to create comprehensive acceptance criteria for user stories
- Collaborate with product/experience owners to create dashboards in JIRA
- Conducts usability, UI QA, and accessibility tests; documents, and communicates results
- Consults with and builds relationships with business partners on strategies and concepts to achieve business goals through influencing and collaboration skills
- Collaborates with peers on the Research and IT QA teams on how to bring out the best in our work.
- Gives specific feedback to the teams (internal/external) and business partners that is constructive, smart, and intelligible providing definite direction on where to take the work next.
- Is hands on for one program at a time for the E&I Team
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Digital Design, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or related fields.
- 1+ years’ experience in usability research, quality assurance, and/or accessibility consulting for digital products
- Thorough knowledge of the digital product creation process
Other Critical Factors
- Ability to extract complex concepts and quickly turn around usability research plans, accessibility criteria, and UI testing plans.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in an agile environment
- Additional skills in related fields, including front end development and agile/scrum processes
- Motion design, video editing
- Complex prototyping, including animations and micro-interactions for digital products
- 3D/AR/VR design
- Conducting competitive analyses and market research
- Any other awesome skills you bring to the table!
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.