DescriptionAt Thrivent, we are focused on a digital transformation that will deliver modern, innovative experiences for our clients, financial advisors, and employees. We are investing in data and technology, using DevOps practices, and building an engineering culture of empowered technical experts. Our technologists are involved in work that includes cloud native development, digital architecture and integration, automation, cloud data platforms, artificial intelligence, and machine learning as well as maximizing platforms such as Salesforce, AWS and Microsoft.
The Sr. Continuity & Disaster Recovery Architect acts as the subject matter expert for continuity engineering and the overall IT disaster recovery program. This position will work with groups and individuals across the organization to ensure that technology assets are protected as expected, well-architected, and with ever increasing measures of automation and consistency. This will help reduce cost, complexity, and effort associated with disaster recovery in a regulated financial services industry. The Sr. Continuity & Disaster Recovery Architect is responsible for defining the architecture for continuity and disaster recovery and is also responsible for driving adoption and continuous improvement of architecture standards and best practices.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with leadership, business units, and technology teams to develop, maintain, and continuously improve a comprehensive, modern enterprise-wide IT disaster recovery strategy that complies with regulatory requirements and business expectations.
- Research new and inventive ways to improve the overall continuity and reliability of sites, services, applications, and infrastructure using customer focused, data driven and metrics-based software engineering approaches.
- Proactively recommend design changes to new and existing applications or infrastructure to increase continuity and reliability.
- Promote and drive a blameless culture across the company to obtain factual data and information to continuously improve overall reliability and recoverability of company technology assets.
- Tirelessly articulate the tradeoffs between solutions and approaches in multi-faceted terms like cost, complexity, effectiveness, maintainability, etc.
- Continually evaluate IT environment for new threats and gaps to continuity and recommend new countermeasures for remediation.
- Build an IT DR governance framework that moves the practice towards self-service, reusability, and overall, less manual process (toil).
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience in complex engineering environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software engineering plan to deliver
- Experience architecting software solutions with demanding requirements such as performance, high availability, reliability, security, etc.
- Understand data and system integration patterns and technologies
- Proficiency in managing large scale initiatives.
- Ability to articulate and transfer complex ideas to a wide audience through both verbal and written communication.
- Strong conceptual, critical thinking, technical and problem solving skills with good attention to details.
- Must be articulate and have the ability to meet with high level management to present and/or deliver technical documentation.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Banking / Finance / Insurance experience
- Broad background in infrastructure (compute, storage, database, middleware, virtualization, networking, firewalls, VPN, load balancers, etc.), mainframe technologies, software engineering, applications, public cloud providers, SaaS solutions, and security, etc.
- Direct experience with tools and platforms for backup, replication, recovery, resiliency, high availability.
- Technology resiliency testing and engineering (high availability / disaster recovery/ chaos)
We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.