DescriptionThis role will act as a change champion as we transform the way we work at Thrivent, driving adoption to our Product Operating Model. Teams working in a Product Operating Model rely on capacity constraints to drive prioritization and this team’s primary focus is to ensure we’re putting capacity in the right places to ensure Thrivent’s highest priority outcomes can be delivered.
This role will provide support to leaders in Data, Digital & Technology (DD&T) with regard to financial, capacity, and asset management. You will serve as a liaison between DD&T, Finance, and Human Resources to help leaders understand their capacity constraints. You will support DD&T leaders through planning and portfolio governance routines to ensure transparency to the investments being made towards business outcomes across the organization.
At Thrivent, we are focused on a digital transformation that will deliver modern, innovative experiences for our clients, financial advisors, and employees. We are investing in data and technology, using DevOps practices, and building an engineering culture of empowered technical experts. Our technologists are involved in work that includes cloud native development, digital architecture and integration, automation, cloud data platforms, artificial intelligence, and machine learning as well as maximizing platforms such as Salesforce, AWS and Microsoft.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain labor and expense plans for assigned products and portfolio(s)
- Develop reporting as needed to help leaders understand their performance against current capacity constraints.
- Maintain financial data to provide visibility to total investment being made in products and portfolios.
- Provide financial data to help product and portfolio leaders understand risks and opportunities within their portfolios.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of product and portfolio level financial management. Provide financial reporting as requested to drive decision making (i.e. run rate analysis, cost to run, etc).
- Support leaders through governance routines as needed to ensure visibility to work and to drive a perpetual planning mindset.
- Partner with Finance as needed to support financial forecasting and long-range financial planning.
- Provide input to, and lead efforts to improve existing processes in order to gain efficiencies and reduce complexity.
- Serve as subject matter expert regarding processes related to capacity, financial, and asset management for DD&T
- Partner with product coaches and portfolio leaders to identify opportunities to mature portfolio practices.
- Provide guidance, support, and data to leaders, to enable decision making at all levels of governance.
- Models Thrivent’s leadership competencies – courage, collaboration, and commitment by demonstrating resiliency, working together to make the best decisions, and holding yourself and others accountable.
- Supports and/or develops an environment in which Thrivent employees and colleagues are focused on continuous improvement, exceptional employee engagement, and an unwavering commitment to our clients. Shapes and/or supports a culture that represents the Thrivent purpose, promise and values, ensuring that Thrivent’s trust and reputation remain strong with its clients.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Finance, or related field
- 8+ years of professional experience working closely with, or in IT
- Experience working in the product/agile operating model
- Financial Management experience (understanding of basic functions of financial forecasting and budgeting).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Experience successfully communicating between technology, finance, and HR leaders
- Ability to handle ambiguity and lead change
- Intellectual curiosity - Desire to learn and improve.
- Customer focus - strong sense of urgency, thrives on getting things done.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Self-starter - thrives in an ambitious environment
- Executive level influencer
- Demonstrates courage
We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.