DescriptionAt Thrivent, we are focused on a digital transformation that will deliver modern, innovative experiences for our clients, financial advisors, and employees. We are investing in data and technology, using DevOps practices, and building an engineering culture of empowered technical experts. Our technologists are involved in work that includes cloud native development, digital architecture and integration, automation, cloud data platforms, artificial intelligence, and machine learning as well as maximizing platforms such as Salesforce, AWS and Microsoft.
The Senior Cloud Engineer will champion the Cloud Management Platform, drive Infrastructure Automation, and support Cloud Solutions. The staff cloud engineer will build the next generation of Cloud infrastructure, becomes a key contributor supporting Cloud Automation and Infrastructure application delivery, including Infrastructure provisioning and integration with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development platforms, using existing and emerging technologies. Directs the conceptual and technical designing, developing, implementing and governance of large-scale cloud technology solutions that deliver business value across the organization while continuously improving time to market. The ideal candidate understands the fundamentals of cloud computing platforms. They can provide value and knowledge in building a secure, reliable, and cost-effective solution. The Senior Cloud Engineer will ensure a secure, reliable system and can support the company as it scales. The Senior Cloud Engineer is a key position, where individual efforts will have a direct and visible impact on the success of Thrivent’s digital transformation goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provision and administer Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service environments using best practices for enterprise customers across the public cloud platform.
- Designs and deploys multiple (highly complex) enterprise cloud environments including new environments for future applications; inform and consult with business leaders to provide high-quality cloud solutions; ensure alignment and adoption of technologies, concepts and principles with all other engineers to promote consistency in application
- Provides technical thought leadership on all cloud technologies and methodologies and Develops enterprise-wide integrated solutions based on business requirements.
- Developing and coordinating cloud architecture across diverse areas including application development, identity and access management, network and data management, and security.
- Architect, design, deploy, maintain, and lead the implementation of Cloud solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Manage the automation of cloud components using Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) principles within a CI/CD pipeline
- Consult on development of shared Infrastructure as Code (IaC) pipelines
- Create and manage roles, configuration policies, and system/software automation procedures
- Develop solutions by understanding and studying systems flows, data usage and work processes
- Review technical specifications from clients and vendors to confirm adequacy, accuracy, and functionality of proposed cloud solutions
- Assist in or independently create robust, scalable, and high-quality automation solutions for infrastructure defined software development, mentor other less experienced automation engineers
- Develop clear, concise installation, configuration procedures, runbooks and contributing to the maintenance of operational standards
Required Job Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, MIS, mathematics, or related field
- 8+ years of applicable experience including prior lead experience
- 5+ years of experience with design, deployment, and management of Cloud environments, AWS specifically.
- Experience in a systems engineering or systems administration role.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux command line and shell scripting.
- Experience with system and network administration in AWS.
- Experience with using or migrating continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipeline solutions or tools.
- Knowledge of Cloud environment fundamentals.
- Experience with additional tools, including Terraform, Kubernetes, and Ansible.
*This role can sit 100% remote
We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.