DescriptionWe exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
The FP&A Senior Analyst role is an important role which provides the foundational financial support to business leaders to enable proactive and meaningful business reviews & strategic discussions. It requires analytical skills and the ability to partner and influence across the organization. This role supports forecasting, decision-making, and overall financial performance by partnering with FP&A Business Partners and business leaders. Collaboration and partnership are foundational to success in this role. Thriving in an evolving environment, working to drive innovation, and adopt industry best practice to drive sustainable growth is key.
This role will support our Advice Delivery and Strategic Execution & Integration groups.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with business leaders across the organization to engage in financial planning activities and support decision-making utilizing strategic financial analyses.
- Provide financial analysis, planning/forecasting and decision-making support to multiple business areas and support key business routines such as quarterly forecast, annual and long-range planning.
- Lead the preparation of detailed budgets and forecasts for FP&A Business Partners and leaders to drive decisions and forecast results.
- Perform frequent and complex ad hoc analytical assignments and modeling to identify opportunities in the business and presenting recommendations to FP&A Business Partners and leaders.
- Support FP&A Business Partners & division leaders in managing over $1 billion in organization expenses and deliver reporting to assist in the identification of appropriate levels of spending and potential areas of cost reduction.
- Serve as a partner to assigned (1st and 2nd level) business leaders in the monthly review, updating, and variance analysis of financial forecasts on a rolling basis; Work with corporate finance to review affordability of expenses and adjust as needed. Identify, analyze, and provide insights on emerging trends.
- Collaborate with initiative owners and business leaders to identify essential data analysis and measurements needed to ensure initiative’s success.
- Support resource investment analysis processes across a portfolio of projects.
- Prepare communications, coordinate, and lead meetings to present findings to business leaders on topics such as business performance, KPIs, and investment analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance required; advanced degree in finance or professional designation (e.g., CPA, CMA, MBA) preferred.
- FP&A, financial analysis or public accounting experience required.
- Successful experience in financial forecasting, budgeting, business partnership, and financial modeling preferred.
- 2+ years financial planning & analysis experience or other similar experience.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills preferred.
Other Critical Factors
- Critical thinker.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines independently.
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of management and employees, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and the ability to constructively handle conflict.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to proactively identify issues and take on additional challenges as needed.
- This position allows a flexible work arrangement meaning you may work on-site and/or remotely from the Minneapolis, MN or Appleton, WI area.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.