DescriptionThe Practice Growth COE Initiatives Consultant is responsible for collaborating with Centers of Excellence and Advisor Groups as well as monitoring the external environment to strategically source, package, promote and execute on a variety of Distribution-related initiatives designed to drive Advisor productivity.
The position will be responsible for consulting key partners inside the organization as well as monitoring the external environment for opportunities to drive Advisor productivity. Initiative ideas must be turned into strategic and tactical plans and matched to desired outcomes. Effective execution requires monitoring and making adjustments as needed as the initiative evolves as well as consulting and influencing key partners to ensure the right results. Attention to detail, data measurement and interpretation are critical attributes for success in the job.
This can be a remote position within the US.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Leader of Advisor Productivity and Experience along with key partners to identify initiative opportunities designed to increase Advisor productivity and growth to meet both short-term and long-term goals seen as Distribution priorities.
- Work closely with key corporate stakeholders to identify an array of opportunities that may involve Advice and Product Solution implementation, Wholesaling and sales plan goals, Advisor activity and productivity, Advisor and Distribution change management, as well as organic initiatives that may meet near-term tactical goals.
- Monitor the external environment for developments that may benefit Thrivent Advisors, prospects, and clients.
- Ensure key stakeholders are consulted, priorities are identified and execution across Distribution is effective.
- Attentiveness to measurement and results for all initiatives is critical to executing with excellence and realizing the right results.
- Manage strategic and tactical implementation in executing Thrivent distribution initiatives.
- Collect, vet, and identify initiative ideas from key internal partners in the Field and Corporate office as well as outside Thrivent, gather appropriate audiences and priorities that could lead to Advisor productivity in service of Thrivent’s overall goals.
- Nurture and maintain strong partner relationships needed for cross-organization execution success: Advice and Wholesaling COEs, GPD/GPAs, GVPs, Product, Communications, Marketing, Operations, Community Engagement, Field Compensation, Research and Analytics, etc.
- Collaborate across the organization and offer/seek counsel as needed on business decisions to ensure tactical and strategic alignment.
- Contribute to a collaborative team environment by empathetic listening and driving toward problem resolution.
- Use data and metrics to track results and adjust accordingly as needed.
- Create an inclusive and collaborative culture with key partners in Corporate and the Field.
- Manage meeting agendas, hold partners accountable.
- Deliver engaging content one on one and through communication vehicles.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- College degree or equivalent experience required.
- Five plus years working in the financial services field. Familiarity and experience directly supporting advisor practices required. Experience with financial advice and planning, practice management, insurance, and investment solutions highly desired.
- Experience working directly with Financial Advisors a significant benefit to this position.
- Familiarity with and ability to thrive in a matrix management organization preferred.
- Proven strategic management and problem analysis skills: demonstrable critical thinking skills.
- Strong project management skills–ability to manage multiple and moderately complex projects to positive outcomes.
- “Empathy for customer” skills paramount, ability to understand diverse audiences and influence with and without direct authority.
- Strong written/verbal skills, particularly with digital presentation materials and communicating with Corporate and Field audiences. Compelling presentation skills that lead to engaged audiences required.
- Design and development of content and training with adult learning methodologies, creative approaches that lead to engagement.
- Demonstrated aptitude for innovation and dealing with ambiguity.
- Experience leading peers and customer through changing environments and priorities.
- Experience leading, facilitating, and/or presenting at large group trainings, workshops, or events.
- Effective communication/interpersonal skills with emphasis on customer service, conflict management, and teamwork.
- Demonstrated expertise in several of the following functional areas: financial acumen, communications / stakeholder management, market research, technical skills, and process design.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.