Maar Financial Group is an independent financial services practice of Thrivent Financial. We take a broad-based approach to helping our members achieve multiple financial goals through strategic financial planning and development of financial strategies unique to each client. Thrivent Financial is the nation’s largest fraternal benefit organization which is a faith-based, not-for-profit financial services organization with approximately 2.6 million members.
Maar Financial Group is looking for a self-motivated individual who is eager to learn the financial industry. The administrative assistant’s main responsibilities will include administrative support, answering phones, communicating with team members and clients, assisting advisors with meeting preparation and follow-up, assisting with forms for client accounts, preparing routine office correspondence, supporting projects and the administration of various programs, scheduling meetings with clients, and participating in occasional marketing events that may occur during non-business hours. The successful candidate will act as a problem solver with a “can-do” attitude.
Compensation will be market and situation-based, corresponding to the experience level and credentials of the candidate ($35,000-42,000). The package will include a competitive salary, annual bonus opportunity after one year’s employment, and participation in a 401(k) plan. Option of medical if needed after 60 days.
This position sits out of Crete, IL. Initial training will be in Valparaiso, Indiana.
- Be willing and able to obtain state Life & Health license.
- Must be willing to complete appropriate training as required by MFG, Thrivent, and/or state laws
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines and be very detail oriented
- Very organized with the ability to switch from one project to another
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment
- Work well in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrate an ability to develop and cultivate relationships
- Accept feedback and constructive criticism well
- Pass any applicable pre-employment tests
- Be able to demonstrate customer service orientation/experience obtained in any field
As part of the Maar Financial Group, verification of a candidate's background will need to be completed as part of the hiring process. Fingerprints will be required as part of the FINRA registration process for submission to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for review against nationwide fingerprint records.
All persons with securities registrations are subject to TIMI’s Outside Securities Accounts Policy which requires all outside brokerage accounts to be maintained at one of the firms designated by TIMI.