DescriptionWe exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
This position provides assurance that risks to achieving the organization’s goals are effectively managed. This position conducts, leads and manages complex audits and risk assessments of units, business processes, systems and corporate projects. Such projects include planning, detailed risk assessment, control evaluation, testing, and reporting results.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform moderate to complex audits, risk assessments and project risk assessments including scoping the project, developing tests, identifying, testing and evaluating key controls, conducting data analysis, evaluating the level of residual risk, and presenting results and recommendations to management.
- Conduct moderate to complex consulting engagements to advise management in identifying or developing controls for new or recently changed business processes. Train and advise management and staff regarding the benefits of an effective control portfolio.
- Work independently requiring minimal supervision and lead audit teams of 1-4 people.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with business line management and staff to: review the BRM current plan; document divisional risks; and stay abreast of environmental changes which may impact business risk exposure.
- Where deficiencies exist in control portfolios or project management plans, ensure action plans are developed to reduce risk to an acceptable level.
- Follow up on management’s action plans by reporting the status of items in progress, examining evidence for items completed and reporting on next steps for overdue items.
- Identify and lead initiatives to improve Business Risk Management processes and assisting in audit planning processes.
- Advise on risk and control matters as requested by management and staff through involvement in committees, task forces, re-design initiatives, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or finance. (Other degrees considered with sufficient, relevant work experience.).
- Minimum 4 years experience in internal auditing, public accounting and/or controls consulting.
- Financial services experience preferred.
- CIA or CPA designation or attainment within 24 months of start date.
- This position allows for a hybrid working environment meaning you may work on-site and remotely from the Minneapolis, MN or Appleton, WI corporate offices.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.