DescriptionWe exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
Research Analyst, Model Portfolios, is responsible for researching, analyzing and making recommendations of the investment products (“managers”) to be included in the firm’s model portfolios. Additional duties include conducting ongoing due diligence on existing and potential managers. Work under the direction of the portfolio manager and support the investment process for the entire model portfolio line-up.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct due diligence and ongoing monitoring of proprietary and non-proprietary investment options (mutual funds and ETFs) to optimize the competitiveness and performance of model portfolios.
- Conduct detailed quantitative analyses on performance and fund-level characteristics of existing managers along with potential new managers, maintaining a bench list of potential replacements.
- Conduct qualitative research such as direct interviews with potential and existing managers to understand their investment philosophies and strategies, their risk management approaches, their team structures and their experience levels.
- Support the portfolio manager in continuously monitoring, managing, and optimizing the investment performance within the established investment management strategy, and help ensure portfolios remain aligned with strategic and tactical allocation targets to maximize the long-term risk adjusted returns of the portfolios.
- Support the research, production, and presentation of all necessary materials to inform Model Portfolios Committee.
- Support the overall trading process working in conjunction with the portfolio manager and model portfolio platforms to ensure timeliness, accuracy, and overall integrity of trades. Ensure all trading decisions and executions are aligned with broader Thrivent Asset Management strategy and tactics.
- Support sales and relationship management with affected stakeholders (wholesalers, national accounts)
- Assist in developing and presenting marketing materials to internal and external clients.
- Four or more years investment firm/office experience, with two or more years of experience researching and analyzing investment managers, preferably in the context of building fully diversified portfolios.
- Experience in a variety of asset classes (equity, fixed-income, allocation) is preferred. Experience building fully diversified investment portfolios is a plus.
- Strong analytic and communication skills, ability to work within a team structure, and consistent, excellent performance are critical criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, mathematics, or related field and progress toward obtaining CFA certification.
- Advanced degree in business, finance, mathematics or related field.
- Proficiency in Morningstar Direct, FactSet and/or related programs.
- CFA certification.
- This position is eligible for relocation.
- This position requires you to work on-site in Minneapolis, MN a minimum of three days a week.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.