SummaryThis position provides administrative support to North Central Florida Group. This role is critical to our member experience and requires a friendly, upbeat demeanor. The incumbent supports the daily operations of the practice, including, but not limited to: answering the phones, meeting/greeting members, handling/distributing postal mail and practice email, ordering supplies, utilizing Thrivent Financial computer systems and programs in support of client relations, and other administrative tasks as assigned. The Administrative Assistant reports to and is employed by DeAnna Edwards.
Hours for this position are Monday - Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (33-35 hour work week). This role will be IN OFFICE.
There are no medical or dental benefits with this position. Compensation is $16-18/hr depending upon experience.
- Handles incoming telephone calls to North Central Florida Group and responds to requests for information
- Performs routine administrative duties such as maintaining office supplies, processing mail, and keeping the office presentable for visitors
- Prepares or coordinates the preparation of routine correspondence, reports, and special projects typically of a routine nature
- Supports projects, administration of various programs, and processing functions as needed
- Drive client/member facing activity in the practice by scheduling meetings with client/members on behalf of the practice’s Financial Advisors
- Update the contact management system with client/member contact and preference information
- Assist Financial Advisors in follow up for the client/member meetings
- Provides back-up support on tasks that do not require any type of licensing or registration for other staff members, as needed
- Participates in the business planning process
- Keep up and maintain social media for the practice
- Completes other miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- Previous administrative/secretarial experience desired
- Strong technical computer aptitude and knowledge of business tools (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Canva, Salesforce) or ability to learn
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain a high quality of work while experiencing frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain integrity of sensitive/confidential information
- Basic understanding of our products and services, and Thrivent Financial
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Must be able to work with all roles of the team
- Must be able to represent the organization in work with external clients
- Must be able to cultivate and maintain relationships with outside organizations
As part of North Central Florida Group's recruiting/hiring/contracting process, a verification of a candidate's background will be made to complete the hiring/contracting process. In addition, fingerprints will be taken for submission to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for review against nationwide fingerprint records.