DescriptionThe Product Manager - Data Enablement & Governance is responsible for the long-term strategy and vision for a product or set of products related to Data Enablement & Governance as part of a broader Data portfolio in support of the entire enterprise. The Product Manager typically has more experience in product management, and as such likely manages a complex product portfolio with greater scope and impact.
Product Managers collaborate heavily across other products, and with business stakeholders to prioritize and sequence work in order to optimize the customer experience. Product Managers are accountable to ensuring the product roadmap is in line with customer and stakeholder expectations and has measurable KPIs. They are also accountable to ensure that business outcomes and KPIs are achieved.
Product Managers work closely with product owners within their product group, business capability owners and other Product Managers. They play a key role across product stakeholders to actively engage, develop, coach, and influence product team operations and practices.
To provide trusted data, actionable insights and meaningful innovation to power client/advisor experiences and business decisions.
** This role can be remote within the United States
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the long term product roadmap as part of a larger business strategy. Develops a compelling product strategy through analysis of personas, use cases, customer benefits, and solution value propositions
- Develop, lead, and drive the prioritization of various data governance competencies including metadata management, data quality management, ownership & stewardship, and model governance.
- Drives delivery of governance objectives with focus on practical, applied data governance based on proven successes over conceptual data governance
- Serve as an ambassador for data enablement and governance to identify and develop other data governance champions across the company. Develop and lead change management strategies to drive engagement across the enterprise.
- Consistently and iteratively ensures that business strategies are being executed through product roadmaps
- Leads team collaboration to manage and prioritize product roadmap and releases across multiple products
- Collaborates to resolve conflicts in a constructive manner when they arise
- Accountable to ensure that product teams understand the business outcomes needed, and that business outcomes are tied to a broader business goal or objective
- Identifies and tracks Key Performance Metrics; accountable to ensure that KPIs are delivering the necessary business value. Facilitates conversations and coaching with product teams and relevant stakeholders to address gaps and necessary improvements to delivering specific KPIs
- Ensures outcomes on the roadmap fit within capacity constraints and are prioritized and sequenced in order to maximize value to the customer. Is available to consult on broader roadmap objectives with business and technology partners. Leans into prioritization and tradeoff discussions across stakeholder groups to effectively manage decisions associated with product roadmaps
- Engages with customers and users on a regular basis to uncover implicit and explicit needs, and translate to product hypothesis which are tested and refined to deliver solutions
- Collaborates across product teams to develop and roll out operational plans. Facilitates conversations across product teams to ensure alignment. Coaches team members on effective product management and agile techniques to help mature the abilities of the entire team
- Researches and identifies industry best practices and trends to increase effectiveness
- Acquires, maintains and applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products and processes, and an academic understanding of Product Management. Leverages knowledge to coach product teams to operate effectively
- Models Thrivent’s leadership competencies – courage, collaboration, and commitment by demonstrating resiliency, working together to make the best decisions, and holding yourself and others accountable.
- Supports and/or develops an environment in which Thrivent employees and colleagues are focused on continuous improvement, exceptional employee engagement, and an unwavering commitment to our clients. Shapes and/or supports a culture that represents the Thrivent purpose, promise and values, ensuring that Thrivent’s trust and reputation remain strong with its clients.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 7-9 years relevant business experience, including in product owner role or similar
- Prior experience establishing and/or leading Data Enablement and Governance discipline in an enterprise context preferred
- Proven track record in change management practices to drive awareness and adoption
- Understand fundamentals of iterative development, software development process and procedures
- Expertise in the principles of Agile Product Management, stakeholder management, market and user research, technology management, and process design
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Passion and understanding of new technology and trends.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and influence skills among all organizational levels; strong facilitation and executive communications skills
- Solid understanding of business intelligence, reporting, and data management concepts like Data Lakes, Data Warehouses, Advanced Analytics/Machine Learning, Metadata Management.
- Certified Product Manager or similar certification
- Has prior experience leading projects.
- Proven success developing business cases, roadmaps, and business unit strategy.
- Strong ability to effectively manage and resolve conflicting priorities.
- Expertise in developing and delivering product strategy, articulated in terms of value and outcomes with relevant and compelling metrics and measurements.
- Expertise with foundational product management tools, techniques and principles across discovery, design, build, release, and measure cycle. Proven success in developing and leading product teams in multiple contexts
- Proven experience in leading and influencing cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience with user interface design and best practices for usability.
- Success working in large, complex organizational initiatives.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite with particular emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint Experience using Product Management tools for building roadmaps, managing backlogs, gathering customer feedback.
- Adept at financial management to administer budgets across multiple products and ensure the product meets its requirements for return on investment.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.