This role isn't on the other end of a complaint line, and escalated callers are rare. Instead, you're empowered to provide a call experience that doesn't rely on a script, and you’ll own it from the first "Hello!" to problem resolution. Working on each unique call from beginning to end lets you focus on the details needed to find the right solutions and provide a superior call experience.
Each day, you will be helping people with similar values to your own to make the most of all they've been given. And your passion for serving others combined with integrity in your words and actions is essential to your success.
Building rapport with callers of diverse backgrounds is vital to accurately assess the situation and present potentially complex solutions. It requires quickly navigating multiple systems and at the same time engaging callers with clear, concise, and positive language as you gather relevant information.
We are passionate about the client experience. While Average Handle Time (AHT) is measured, we focus on quality and first-call resolution, while looking to minimize our processing time or after-call work so we can help more clients reach their desired goals.
An environment to launch your career
The calls you’ll work on daily are from individuals driven by a higher purpose and resonate with Thrivent's promise of helping people achieve financial clarity, enabling lives full of meaning and gratitude. That mentality is why escalated callers are few.
You'll step into a role with dedicated support from tenured teammates, structured and ongoing training, and regular meetings with your manager. Your professional development and career progression result from monthly coaching sessions, thought provoking and structured career advancement programs, and stretch opportunities.
It's a career with multiple paths for advancement, too. You have the opportunity to use your interest in financial services to become an expert in products and programs like annuities, health insurance, life insurance, mutual funds, and beneficiary claims unique to Thrivent.
And with a track record of individuals advancing into new support and leadership roles across the organization, this role provides a starting point for growing at Thrivent. Some highlights include:
- Starting at a competitive base salary of $23.46 HR ($48,800/year)
- 4-6 weeks of structured training and onboarding for the product or program you support, with a designated onboarding partner including regular mentoring
- After training has completed, you’ll be added to our Career Progression program which includes the ability to increase your hourly wages every quarter in the first year by meeting established milestones – that could mean an extra $2k salary increase in the 1st year alone !
- We provide stretch opportunities across the organization. Recent examples include recruiting/interviewing new talent, focus groups/roundtables to address business objectives, quality initiatives and launching new services.
- Clear guidelines and resources with no scripts! We support our Customer Care Professionals to be the best they can be, with an internal helpline, coaching and mentoring, and comprehensive documentation there whenever you need them.
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental (we care about your health)
- 401(k) matching up to 6% & a pension plan (we also care about your future financial well-being beyond a career with us)
- 4-weeks of PTO + 12 paid holidays (take care of yourself so you can take care of our clients)
- Up to 20 hours of volunteer time off (help the people we serve and the communities we foster)
- Corporate gift matching up to 3:1 (where you donate, we’ll donate)
- No nights or weekends!
- And more!
Qualifications & Skills :
- High school diploma or equivalent experience, post-Secondary education is preferred
- Financial services or insurance experience preferred
- Experience navigating complex customer interactions from support through to resolution
- Ability to welcome change and contribute to continuous improvement in a fast-paced work environment
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
- Ability to work:
- Training: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Central, Monday through Friday for training duration
- After Training: Work a full-time schedule between the hours of 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. (CST), Monday through Friday
What to expect after completing your application:
The application process for this role consists of two parts – the application and a job skills assessment. After submitting your application, you will receive a link by email inviting you to complete the self-paced skills assessment through our partner Modern Hire. The assessment invitation will be sent from "Thrivent Recruiting Team (firstname.lastname@example.org)."
Both parts of the application process must be completed to be considered for this role.
Although you may not need the entire time, please allow 45 minutes to complete the assessment. The assessment will guide you through a series of questions that will evaluate job-related skills and strengths.
If you do not receive the invitation email from "Thrivent Recruiting Team (email@example.com)," try refreshing your inbox as emails may take up to 15 minutes to send. Check your spam and junk folders for an email from "Thrivent Recruiting Team (firstname.lastname@example.org)." If the email was sent to spam, mark as “Not Spam” to ensure you receive all future emails related to your application. Confirm you applied with your correct email by logging into your candidate home here . You will need to reset your password or apply again with your right email if you didn’t the first time. If you applied for a similar role in last few months and already completed an assessment, no further action is needed from you and you won't receive an email.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.