DescriptionThe Successful Market Developer:
•Ensures Financial Professionals (FPs) have the tools, resources, and knowledge needed to be successful in their new role
•Is passionate about coaching others to be successful
•Attracts high quality, diverse talent into FP roles
Develop New FPs and Support the Launch of New FP Practices
- Model and coach on all elements of the Thrivent Financial Advice Process
- Conduct high levels of joint field work (approx. 3 days per week) as scheduled by new FPs to observe and offer feedback. Offer help with case prep as needed.
- Demonstrate, model and coach on the use of Salesforce and other Thrivent tools (i.e. CAP, Illustrations, etc.) during the sales process.
- Be available to FPs as they develop their sales goals and help them analyze what’s working and not working in the achievement of those goals.
- Help FPs as needed to develop/execute marketing plans that leverage relationships within their natural market, referrals and communities.
- Advise FPs as to what activities will enable them to achieve their sales goals.
Collaborate with Others
- Inform and communicate with leadership team regarding FP progress toward sales goals and success.
- Facilitate connections with vet FPs to provide additional joint field work experiences or practice review for new FPs.
- Leverage corporate resources to stay informed of best practices or changes that directly impact new FP launch
Attract, Recruit and Select Diverse Talent
- Create and implement a recruiting strategy to grow capacity by attracting and cultivating quality, diverse FP candidates in focus market.
- Execute a plan to recruit quality talent by spending focused time developing trusting relationships within broad and diverse networks, leveraging centers of influence and obtaining referrals from FPs for quality, diverse talent
- Partner with other Thrivent leaders/key stakeholders to develop capacity plan.
- Actively manage a pipeline of high quality, diverse candidates,
- Conduct selection interviews and assess candidates for high probability for success.
- Create followership by demonstrating enthusiasm for the career and for Thrivent and by caring about the success of others.
- Four-year college degree strongly preferred.
- Professional designation or history of significant progress toward achievement preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of solid sales results (i.e. L/H/A, investments, etc.).
- Experience in using the Thrivent Financial Advice Process, Salesforce and other Thrivent tools and systems (i.e. CAP, Illustrations, etc.) and ability and willingness to model, promote and demonstrate usage of tools as needed.
- Ability to utilize technology effectively to coach and train new FPs.
- Will and skill to commit to joint field work expectations.
- Experience in leading groups, specifically in presenting and facilitating in order to drive understanding of concepts and practices that lead to new FP success.
- FINRA Series 7, 63/65 or 66 required or obtained within 90 days.
- State insurance licensed and appointed in life, health and variable lines of authority or attained within 90 days.
- State securities registered and insurance licensed and appointed in all states that comprise the Advisor Group.
- Once FPs are assigned to this position, this position will require securities registrations, state insurance licenses and appointments in all states where FPs are conducting business and receiving commissions.
- Satisfactory background check and clean compliance record.
- Flexibility to travel within the region (may include overnight) and conduct business during evening hours and must have own transportation.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.