DescriptionThrivent, a Fortune 500 diversified financial services organization, is proud to offer a top-rated summer internship program that is designed to give college students meaningful work experience across a range of business functions. Thrivent provides college students with a unique learning opportunity to understand the financial services landscape while working for an organization known for its financial strength and stability, as well as for its culture of ethics and integrity. In 2022, Thrivent was honored to be recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the 11th year in a row.
Thrivent’s 12-week internship program offers students interesting challenges that help them optimize their skills and experience, valuable exposure to Thrivent colleagues and leaders, and an opportunity to understand how Thrivent is fulfilling its promise to help people achieve financial clarity, enabling lives of meaning and gratitude. Our internship program is also a key component to our entry-level talent program to ensure we’re attracting and retaining the top talent we need to serve generations to come.
The Equity Research Internship opportunity offers you assignments that optimize your skills and experience in financial modelling and company research. This internship works directly with Senior investment personnel. Our internship offers an opportunity to participate in hands-on financial statement and valuation analysis of owned companies as well as purchase candidates.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in industry and company research process
- Interact with Senior Research analysts and Portfolio teams
- Construct and update company financial models, learn forecasting skills
- Perform valuation and comparative analysis across companies and sub-industries
- Learn to construct a valid investment thesis
- Develop Bloomberg, Factset skills.
- Completed first year of MBA program with a track record of excellent academic performance
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance and work towards CFA preferred
- Background in financial statement analysis, participation in investment management curriculum.
- Factset and Bloomberg knowledge, Python skills are a plus.
- Sell or buy side equity research experience is a positive
- Consulting, or operating management experience is also a positive
- Strong desire to be a successful stock picker, self-motivated with demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong communication, problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills
Other Critical Factors
- A full-time internship for 12 weeks (minimum)
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Tools, particularly Excel
- Able to work in the United States for indefinite period without sponsorship
- Minneapolis, MN
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.