DescriptionAt Thrivent, we are focused on a digital transformation that will enable us to deliver modern, innovative experiences for our clients, financial advisors, and employees. We are investing significantly in data and technology while building an engineering culture of empowered technical experts. Our technologists are involved in work that includes cloud native development, digital architecture and integration, automation, cloud data platforms, artificial intelligence, and machine learning as well as maximizing platforms such as Salesforce, AWS and Microsoft Azure.
The Database Administrator supports and gives thought leadership to the architecture, designing and governance of database solutions that deliver business value across the organization, while continuously improving the ability for our IT partners and business to execute effectively and efficiently. A database administrator builds and maintains database systems for the enterprise. The role encompasses all activities related to database systems such as Installation, Configuration, Database Design, Migrations, Performance Monitoring, Capacity Planning, Security, Troubleshooting, Backup and Data Recovery, and consulting with external partners on projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities :
- Demonstrate deep expertise within assigned assets, information domains, technologies & platforms
- Provide thought leadership on small-to-medium sized efforts
- Solves a range of problems using existing process and solutions
- Understand and apply standard operating procedures and standards to implement and maintain assigned assets, technology or platform
- Successfully deliver the right results on initiatives in a timely and effective manner
- Mitigate risk within assigned assets, technologies or platforms
- Communicate within IT and with assigned business area to drive successful execution and maintenance of solutions
- Mentor junior staff as needed
- Have deep understanding of one or more database platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in MIS, Computer Science or related
- 3+ years of experience in working as a Database Administrator
- Knowledge of systems design, architecting and implementing large business systems
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- 2-yrs experience in at LEAST 2 these technologies: MS SQL Server, AWS Cloud Data Storage, MongoDB, Neo4j, Oracle DB 19c or higher
Other Critical Factors:
- Thought Leadership : Understands the business need and translates into technical plans and processes within an assign area. Resolve a range of problems using sound judgment and decisions making.
- People Leadership : Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate business need into technical requirements. Building strong relationships; collaborating and influencing others within IT and across the organization. May mentor junior others.
- Results Leadership : Deliver the right results on initiatives in a timely and effective manner. Looks for opportunities to drive improvement.
- Personal Leadership : Demonstrates ability to work in ambiguity. Is flexible in meeting business needs. Demonstrates a continuous learning mindset.
We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.