DescriptionWe exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
The FP&A Senior Business Partner role is fundamental to connecting business and finance strategy and delivery to drive business performance. It requires strong analytical skills and ability to influence and drive change. This role drives strategy, planning, decision-making, and overall financial performance by partnering with senior business leaders. Collaboration, partnership and active stakeholder management are foundational to success in this role. Thriving in an evolving environment, working to drive innovation, and embed industry best practice to drive sustainable growth is key. The senior business partner supports the financial and strategic needs of business executives while maintaining a solid-line reporting relationship to Finance.
Provide FP&A support to our Wealth Management and Insurance segments.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop strong partnerships with senior business leaders across the organization to engage in strategic financial planning and decision-making supported by financial analyses.
- Deliver forward-looking, strategic financial analysis, planning, forecasting and decision-making to multiple business areas, and lead key business processes such as quarterly forecast, annual and long-range planning.
- Support division leaders in managing over $1 billion in organization expenses and recommend appropriate levels of spending and potential areas of cost reduction resulting in improved financial results for the organization.
- Initiate and lead in-depth and complex business analyses to identify issues, support decision making, present solutions to senior business leaders, and influence those leaders and their management teams to act upon the information supplied.
- Serve as a partner to divisional management in the financial forecast by proactively identifying opportunities and risks, reviewing actual performance, and updating forecasts on a rolling basis. Leverage the forecasting process to drive performance versus plan. Work with corporate finance to review affordability of expenses and adjust as needed.
- Drive resource investment analysis processes across a broad portfolio of projects. Provide oversight on resource investments to ensure desired outcomes and ROI levels are achieved.
- Identify opportunities for revenue expansion, margin enhancements and expense opportunities. Drive and implement resulting initiatives in partnership with senior business leaders.
- Develop concise communications and present findings to senior leaders on complex issues across topics such as business performance, competitive/industry trends, and investment analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance required; advanced degree in finance or professional designation (e.g., CPA, CMA, MBA) preferred.
- High level financial analysis experience or public accounting experience required.
- Expertise in financial forecasting, budgeting, business partnership, and complex financial modeling required.
- 7+ years financial planning & analysis or other similar experience.
- Advanced skills in spreadsheet/database applications.
- Experience in PowerPoint with desire to develop executive level presentation skills.
Other Critical Factors
- Critical thinker.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines independently.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of management and employees, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and the ability to constructively handle conflict.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to proactively identify issues and take on additional challenges as needed.
- This position allows a flexible work arrangement meaning you may work on-site and/or remotely from the Minneapolis, MN or Appleton, WI area.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.