DescriptionWe exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
The Product Director is accountable for a logical group of product teams, organized around a common value theme or capability set. They set the experience or capability strategy, vision, roadmap, and go-to-market strategy across the portfolio of product teams they manage.
This position has accountability for team planning and management, prioritization and sequencing across the portfolio, and ensuring the delivery of high-quality work across multiple delivery teams. This person assumes a heavy push & pace for automation, self-service and engineering talent is in place ready to deliver.
Product Directors take an entrepreneurial view of their role within the enterprise in order to deliver desired business outcomes and value, working closely with product teams that include design, product, business, and technology experts.
**We are open to candidates working remotely anywhere across the United States.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Leads product teams; collaborate with other product, business, and technology leaders to ensure business outcomes and value are achieved through best-in-class product management practices and iterative software development techniques.
- Leads a portfolio of product solutions, accountable for team planning and management, prioritization, and sequencing across the portfolio. Ensures delivery of high-quality work across multiple teams throughout the product lifecycle.
- Is a thought leader for the company and the product teams they are responsible for, in terms of the market context and go-to market strategy for their product, a best in class product management tools and techniques and human centered design principles to achieve product portfolio value.
- Work with leaders, individual contributors, and teams to help them understand the Thrivent Operating Model and adopt a product mindset, develop critical Product Management skills, and learn new tactics to define and form products and product teams. (more content could include: Support leaders to use business strategy to define products and outcomes that align, structuring and staffing teams to own those products and outcomes. . Upskill PMs and POs, setting new product teams up for success to build outcome-focused customer-centric features using best practices.).
- Fosters and facilitates collaboration and empowerment across multiple product teams. Drives innovation by thinking creatively about the business and the product, and creates an environment where their product owners and managers can do the same.
- Sets, manages, and monitors appropriate measurement strategies to tell the story of product performance and value delivery, including financial impacts, risks, experiments, and data.
- Understands and communicates the complexity of resource capacity and demand across multiple product teams, advocating for shifts in resource models as necessary to meet the demands of the business strategy.
- Engages with customers and users on a regular basis to uncover implicit and explicit needs, and translate to product hypothesis which are tested and refined to deliver solutions.
- Collaborates and influences to resolve conflicts in a constructive manner when they arise.
- Acquires, maintains, and applies advances knowledge of the business, its products and processes, and an academic understanding of Product Management and Human Centered Design principles.
- Recruits, develops, and sustains a high-performing team while promoting a culture of shared accountability, operational excellence, and partnership across the organization.
- Models Thrivent’s leadership competencies – courage, collaboration, and commitment by demonstrating resiliency, working together to make the best decisions, and holding yourself and others accountable.
- Supports and/or develops an environment in which Thrivent employees and colleagues are focused on continuous improvement, exceptional employee engagement, and an unwavering commitment to our clients. Shapes and/or supports a culture that represents the Thrivent purpose, promise and values, ensuring that Thrivent’s trust and reputation remain strong with its clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years relevant business experience, including in product manager role or similar.
- Understand fundamentals of iterative development, software development process and procedures.
- Expertise in the principles of Agile Product Management, stakeholder management, market and user research, technology management, and process design.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Passion and understanding of new technology and trends.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and influence skills among all organizational levels; strong facilitation and executive communications skills.
- Up to 25% travel required.
- Certified Product Manager or similar certification.
- 5-7 years direct experience with Identity and Access Management technologies and processes.
- Has prior Supervisory experience.
- Proven success developing business cases, roadmaps, and enterprise level strategy.
- Strong ability to effectively manage and resolve conflicting priorities.
- Expertise in developing and delivering product strategy, articulated in terms of value and outcomes with relevant and compelling metrics and measurements.
- Expertise with foundational product management tools, techniques and principles across discovery, design, build, release, and measure cycle. Proven success in developing and leading product teams in multiple contexts.
- Proven experience in leading and influencing cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience with user interface design and best practices for usability.
- Experience leading large, complex organizational initiatives.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite with particular emphasis on Excel and Powerpoint.
- Adept at financial management to administer budgets across multiple products and ensure the product meets its requirements for return on investment.
- This position is a full-time remote opportunity.
- If you are in the Minneapolis, MN or Appleton, WI location you would have access to our corporate offices in these areas.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.