DescriptionWe exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
The Lead FP&A Analyst role will play a key role in standing up and developing the capability of the new FP&A Shared Services team. This role will help execute on delivering best in class FP&A processes including reporting, forecasting, and planning to the organization ensuring FP&A business partner teams and the business leaders they support have the information they need to manage business performance and expenses. With a continuous improvement mindset, the Lead FP&A Analyst will help the broader FP&A team perform with excellence, optimizing processes and increasing capabilities and efficiency across the team.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop partnerships across Finance & Actuarial to engage in financial planning activities and decision-making supported by strategic financial analyses.
- Deliver financial analysis, planning, forecasting and decision-making support for the consolidated enterprise and corporate business segments and facilitate key business routines such as quarterly forecast, annual and long-range planning.
- Build, implement, execute, and own advanced forecasting models incorporating cloud-based planning tools, AI, and ML to streamline and automate manual work.
- Own and execute process improvement initiatives to increase standardization, optimization, and enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of FP&A planning and forecasting.
- Own, partner, and deliver business analyses to report results, identify issues, support decision making, present solutions to FP&A and senior leaders, and influence leaders and their management teams to act upon the information supplied.
- Support management of forecasting, planning, and reporting frameworks. Ensures quality compliance to standards; partner with FP&A colleagues to identify, build and deploy frameworks, processes and tools that are standardized and optimized to mature FP&A capabilities.
- Own expense framework allocation models and affordability analysis, driving continuous improvement and proactively identifying opportunities and risks, working with FP&A Business Partners to adjust expenses as needed.
- Models Thrivent’s leadership competencies – Model the Way, Rally the Team, and Deliver Outcomes.
- Supports and/or develops an environment in which Thrivent employees and colleagues are focused on continuous improvement, exceptional employee engagement, and an unwavering commitment to our clients. Shapes and/or supports a culture that represents the Thrivent purpose, promise and values, ensuring that Thrivent’s trust and reputation remain strong with its clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance required; advanced degree in finance or professional designation (e.g., CPA, CMA, MBA) preferred.
- FP&A, financial analysis or public accounting experience required.
- Successful experience in financial forecasting, budgeting, business partnership, and financial modeling required.
- 3-5 years financial planning & analysis experience or other similar experience.
- Advanced skills in spreadsheet/database applications.
- Experience in PowerPoint with desire to develop executive level presentation skills.
- Proven ability to identify and implement process improvements and understand data needs for reporting.
- Financial process automation experience (i.e., Macros, Robotic Process Automation, etc.)
- Experience with creating data visualizations (i.e., experience with Power BI, etc.)
- Interest in growing AI knowledge and previous experience working with financial data
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines independently.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of management and employees, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and the ability to constructively handle conflict.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- This position allows a flexible work arrangement meaning you may work on-site and/or remotely from the Minneapolis, MN or Appleton, WI area.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.