DescriptionAn Associate Supply Chain Professional prides themselves in delivering a high quality and consistent service experience while being easy to do business with through excellent communication skills and placing a high value on all customer needs. This position assists in client or contract correspondence, project coordination and assembly, inventory control and warehouse operations while meeting all service and quality level agreements. This role requires someone who is meticulous and shows a high degree of accountability, can learn, and retain new responsibilities quickly and demonstrates excellent customer service skills. A successful candidate should consider themselves an initiative-taker with good analytical skills and is great at troubleshooting and being able to remedy issues by looking for the root cause to improve or prevent future issues or concerns. The Associate Supply Chain Professional serves as a role model to the team. This position is an onsite position located at one of our corporate locations.
**This position will work onsite in our Meade Operations center in Appleton, WI.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with customer service for the supply chain team by answering phone calls, responding to emails, and follows a dispute resolution process. Investigates and analyzes break downs in processes and uses techniques to make long lasting improvements.
- Prepares daily order reports and follows impact card management processes for fulfillment team. Creates and analyzes recurring reports for supply chain team.
- Tracks and processes orders for contact center associates and business partners. Opens, analyzes, and processes returned packages daily.
- Processing client correspondence and contract assembly with high attention to detail to ensure there are no errors. Analyzes each document to verify quality (print quality as well as processor input quality) and determines proper contents depending on the line of business, state requirements and organizational rules that govern the handling of each situation. Compiles the documents and accompanying materials into a professional presentation document. Disseminates documents to internal business processors, field advisors or members, as appropriate to each situation and within the agreed upon service level agreements.
- Provides high quality service levels when partnering with business owners to design, coordinate, and fulfill projects or special mailing assemblies.
- Assists with setup and take down of projects or events in offices and in the warehouse. Ensures all equipment and inventory is accounted for, put away and is in good working order for the next assembly or project.
- Issues, picks, and puts away non-palletized items received in the warehouse. Reconciles in-house inventory balances and assists with physical inventories as requested.
- Understands, identifies, and addresses quality concerns and works with appropriate resources to remedy. Maximizes quality efficiencies by using tools and resources,
- Utilizes Continuous Improvement (CI) tools to eliminate waste and optimize processes in daily operations and incorporates practices into daily routine to create and maintain a productive work environment. Participates in CI processes by identifying, leading, and participating in annual CI projects focused on the nine forms of waste and seven lean levers.
- Follow all standard operating procedures, best practices and safety standards ensuring your safety as well as those around you.
- Cleans and restocks work areas, warehouse, and distribution areas daily.
- Assists other departments with their workloads when requested.
- Recognizes the importance of a strong high performing team and commits to the work needed to maintain it.
This role may report to either a Materials and Distribution Supervisor or Manager and interact with individual contributors and leaders within the department as well as individual contributors and leaders across Commercial Operations. This person communicates to interested parties from all over the organization answering supply chain related questions and/or resolving problems or concerns. This role also interacts with business owners within the organization, individual contributors in DD&T, procurement, membership, contact center, marketing, and Thrivent affiliates.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent required
- 1-3 years’ experience in one or more of the supply chain areas such as customer service, purchasing, inventory management, order fulfillment, logistics, warehouse operations or related experience
- High attention to detail and laser focused focus on accuracy, quality, client centricity, and exceptional service
- Growth mindset and excellent customer service skills; Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, manage competing priorities and adaptability and resiliency to change
- Self-directed and personally motivated - shows high degree of accountability
- Basic analytical and good critical thinking skills
- Requires extended periods of walking and standing, reaching with arms and hands; stooping, kneeling, crouching; ability to lift 40 pounds with mechanical assistance and push/pull skids of material. Physical ability to stand, walk, squat, reach, sit, bend, and count for extended periods of time. High degree of hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Microsoft office systems, PeopleSoft (ERP) and Thrivent order system experience a plus
- Lean Six Sigma certification or documented training and experience with improving processes, continuous improvement, and leading change
- USPS and UPS mailing, and shipping experience preferred
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.