DescriptionWe exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
This Office / Facilities Coordinator provides support to the Minneapolis Investments Office. They will support employees and external partners by managing daily administration functions and services to enhance the employee experience and optimize vendor relationships. Coordinates Investments Office onboarding/offboarding, office-related employee engagement activities, and other office-related projects. Receives and processes services and scheduling requests to address needs of the office space, equipment, furniture, moves, ergonomics, maintenance, meetings/events, wellness amenities, cleaning and related services. Partners with Investments Office Manager and Investments Office Administration Specialist to perform a variety of office operations tasks and projects.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
For the Minneapolis Investments Office (MIO) - leased office space:
- Coordinate a variety of daily office functions including maintenance, vending, janitorial, centralized office supplies and more.
- Assist with budgets for workplace programs; review and approve invoices, track, manage and control ongoing operating expenses.
- Identify and coordinate projects to enhance the overall performance and effectiveness of the MIO workplace. Cultivate relationships with departments, such as HR, to gain understanding of business direction and workplace needs; work with MIO Office Administration team and external vendors on day-to-day workplace needs and longer-term projects.
- Assist Investments Office Manager with project management, communication and decision-making support to address workplace management issues relating to cost, schedule, quality and conformance to Thrivent’s requirements.
- Assist Investments Office Manager with contractor and vendor procurement processes and relationships supporting ongoing workplace projects and programs, including requests for proposals, bid review and selection, approving invoices and ongoing management to ensure service levels are maintained.
- Design, manage and implement a variety of on-site employee engagement activities and periodic on-site events, wellness programs, etc.
- Interface with both internal and external customers and vendors to develop and coordinate requirements for meetings, events, requests and other workplace activities by working collaboratively throughout the organization.
- Manage security requirements for on-site service providers.
- Coordinate MIO onboarding, offboarding and move processes for Investments Office.
- Maintain and promote strong business relationships with key stakeholders in support of management objectives.
- Maintain office space, supplies and furniture including responding to questions and requests, submitting work orders to building engineering, and inventorying and stocking supplies.
- Assess maintenance and repairs, schedule service and direct the work of vendors and contractors including providing escort.
- Assign replacement and temporary access cards, and partner with Corporate Safety & Security to address issues with access, access cards and card readers, and security alarms.
- Partner with Investments Office Administration Specialist in areas of front desk and Conference Center operations, mail & packages, and office support.
- Assist Investments Office Manager with office operations including but not limited to security, process development and implementation, space management, facility system operations and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a financial or professional services environment; preferred experience in office and facilities management.
- A minimum of two years of experience in corporate facilities, office management, project management or similar field.
- Strong financial acumen related to managing expenses and budgets.
- Interest in employee experience and office efficiencies.
- Detail oriented, strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Project management/coordination experience.
- Effective time management and multi-tasking ability with a strong customer focus.
- Knowledge of contracts, service level agreements, and vendor management
- Ability to influence and build trust with individuals of all levels across the organization.
Other Critical Factors
- On-site work at our office located in downtown Minneapolis required with varying hours including evenings on occasion.
- Physical ability to perform manual labor including lifting a minimum 20 pounds.
- Flexible and able to adapt to change.
- This position requires you to work on-site full-time in Minneapolis, MN five days a week.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.