DescriptionThe Lead Information Security Analyst is a trusted expert, thought leader who applies business, industry and technical knowledge of assigned assets, domains, platforms, technologies and vendors. Provides input for technology strategy. Coordinates with other teams to ensure quality solution delivery. Responsible for leading the implementation, execution and maintenance of technology solutions to mitigate risk and drive business results. Provides thought leadership to mid-large sized projects. Solves complex problems and provides leadership and technical guidance to less experience staff.
The Lead Information Security Analyst, will support the Information Security and Risk Management needs of Thrivent Financial in order to continually support and improve the technologies, procedures and controls within our Information Technology environment.
The Lead Information Security Analyst is viewed as an expert in at least one area of Information Security, has deep understanding of other technologies and their relationship to the protection of Thrivent Information assets and delivers strong results through strong technical know-how and focused leadership.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation, execution and maintenance of technology solutions
- Demonstrate deep expertise in one or more assets, information domains, technologies and platforms
- Provides thought leadership to mid to large sized efforts
- Solve complex problems; taking a new perspective using existing solutions
- Deliver the right results on initiatives in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide leadership, mentoring and technical guidance to others with less experience to drive initiatives
- Accountable for getting work done through a team of individuals
- Proactively mitigate risks for assigned assets, technologies or platforms
- Communicate within IT and across the business to drive successful execution and maintenance of solutions
- Support change within the organization
- Able to work within a diverse team of skillsets and experience levels to deliver results
- Proactively mitigate risks for assigned assets, information domains, technologies and platforms
- Direct the work of others to lead initiatives for assigned assets, technologies, platforms, departments and vendors
- Understand and apply TFL Information Security Policies, standards, and processes to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability to TFL information and information systems.
- Provide SME support for assigned security technologies in accordance with TFL security policies, standards, and SOP's
- Support administration of Information Security policies, standards, and SOP's
- Provide assistance with other deployed security technologies and support team members
- Support regulatory examinations and internal audits as needed
- Provide on-call support in support of assigned Information Security deployed technologies
- Assist with training and mentoring of lower banded team members
- Ability to understand potential cyber threats and respond appropriately across all IT services, technologies and processes
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, business, mathematics or related field
- Typically 5 or more years of applicable experience
- Demonstrated leadership on mid-large scale projects impacting strategic priorities
Other Critical Factors
- Thought Leadership : Understands the business, provides insights, and translates business objectives into technical plans and processes for one or more areas. Understands the end-to-end process. Resolve complex problems using sound judgment and decisions making.
- People Leadership : Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate business need into technical requirements. Building strong relationships; collaborating and influencing others within IT and across the organization. Leads, mentors and coaches others.
- Results Leadership : Applies industry, organizational and deep technical knowledge to drive future results. Looks for opportunities to drive continuous improvement.
- Personal Leadership : Demonstrates ability to work in ambiguity. Is passionate with a willingness to take a risk or stand and appropriately challenging others. Is a trusted business partner.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.