Naperville Financial Consultants is an independent financial services practice of Thrivent Financial. We take a broad-based approach to helping our members achieve multiple financial goals. Naperville Financial Consultants helps our members analyze their current situation, develop in-depth financial programs, and help them implement an integrated financial strategy.
Thrivent Financial is a faith-based, not-for-profit financial services organization with approximately 2.6 million members. As the nation's largest fraternal benefit society, we're here solely to help others. We help every day through the financial solutions we offer, the member activities we support, and the resources we provide to the Christian community and nonprofit organizations. Thrivent Investment Management Inc. is a FINRA and SIPC member and a wholly owned subsidiary of Thrivent Financial.
This is a part time position – position can work between 20-30 hours on average with schedule flexibility. There is a robust training program. Compensation for this position is $20-25/hr depending upon licensing.
This position provides licensed administrative support to Naperville Financial Consultants. This position serves as a resource to Financial Advisors and client/members in handling, researching and communicating inquiries regarding their accounts and supports the daily operations of the practice, including, but not limited to: answering the phones, meeting/greeting members, handling/distributing postal mail and practice email, ordering supplies, utilizing Thrivent Financial computer systems and programs in support of client relations, supports securities and insurance related tasks and other administrative tasks as assigned. The Practice Support Associate reports to and is employed by Naperville Financial Consultants.
- Handles incoming telephone calls to Naperville Financial Consultants and responds to requests for information
- Researches inquiries regarding client accounts
- Provides fund values and answers other securities (including, if appropriately licensed, variable insurance and annuities) product-related questions and/or questions related to investment advisory services
- Prepares or coordinates the preparation of routine correspondence, reports, and special projects typically of a routine nature
- Supports projects, administration of various programs, and processing functions as needed
- Drives client/member facing activity in the practice by scheduling meetings with client/members on behalf of the practice’s Financial Advisors
- Updates the contact management system with client/member contact and preference information
- Assists Financial Advisors in the preparation and follow up for the client/member meetings
- Collaborates with financial associates to assist client with product changes
- Participates and drives marketing services including direct-mail, fraternal activities, seminars, meetings
- Verbal or written communications with prospective or existing customers regarding financial matters
- Conducting substantive research or information gathering that will be used with making securities product recommendations or providing investment advice (e.g. conducting due diligence, etc.)
- Obtaining customer financial information
- Accepting and/or entering securities trade orders from customers, including unsolicited trade orders
- Explain, discuss, or interpret insurance coverage; analyze exposures or contracts
- Indicate to customer that requested coverage is or will be bound or issued
- Issue certificates of insurance, endorsements, binders, commitments, or insurance contracts
- Support questions and transactions with variable insurance and annuities products, if appropriately licensed
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with licensure and business needs
- Manually enter information provided by the advisor into electronic application systems and email, lock sign or submit.
- Note CANNOT be listed as the servicing representative AND need to note their advisor is selling agent within the rep questionnaire.
- Previous administrative/secretarial experience desired
- Must be securities registered (series 7 & 66 or 6 & 63 & 65).
- Must be insurance licensed/appointed
- Must be securities registered and insurance licensed/appointed in all states in which they are performing activities requiring licensing and registration.
- Must be willing to complete the appropriate Long-Term Care training required in the states in which support work would be conducted.
- If work on variable insurance or annuities is conducted, must be appropriately licensed/appointed and registered for variable products.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation/experience, 2+ years preferred
- Strong technical computer aptitude and knowledge of business tools (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or ability to learn
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain a high quality of work while experiencing frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain integrity of sensitive/confidential information
- Basic understanding of Naperville Financial Consultants, our products and services, and Thrivent Financial
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Must be able to work with all roles of the Naperville Financial Consultants
- Must be able to represent the organization in work with external clients
- Must be able to cultivate and maintain relationships with outside organizations
As part of Naperville Financial Consultants recruiting/hiring/contracting process, a verification of a candidate's background will be made to complete the process. Fingerprints will be required as part of FINRA registration process for submission to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for review against nationwide fingerprint records.
All persons with securities registrations are subject to TIMI’s Outside Securities Accounts Policy which requires all outside brokerage accounts to be maintained at one of the firms designated by TIMI.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.