The Licensed Manager of Operations helps oversee the function and performance of operations and support staff. Position will typically supervise some support staff in the performance of their duties and may be responsible for establishing or contributing ideas for department processes, procedures, and protocols. This position is compensating between $62,000 –80,000 annually depending upon licensing and experience. This role is in office in Montvale, NJ.
- Promote the firm’s mission, culture and core values through day-to-day leadership and management
- Develop, execute, and oversee workflow, processes, and Standard Operating Procedures for practice
- Work with Lead Advisor to determine staffing needs
- Determine training and onboarding plan for new hires
- Develop and maintain job descriptions
- Manage support staff
- Develop criteria to gauge team effectiveness
- May conduct bi-annual performance reviews
- Prepare and facilitate weekly team meetings
- Lead strategy, development, and implementation of projects
- Drive culture within the team by scheduling team events
- Update policies and procedures in accordance with SEC and FINRA standards
- Own practice marketing efforts to increase brand awareness and drive new business
- Work with marketing team to manage the production, scheduling, posting, and reporting of all marketing content and campaigns
- Develop and maintain all regulatory files
- Monitor and support licensing and continuing education requirements for all members of the team
- Oversee client account setup
- Step in as backup for others on the team as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Lead Advisor
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the investment industry
- Securities (6/63, 7/66 or 7/63 & 65) and Life, Health and Annuity registration required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Complete knowledge of financial products used by the firm
- Thorough understanding of the technology used by the firm and how it applies to clients
- Strong technical computer aptitude and knowledge of business tools (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain a high quality of work while experiencing frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain integrity of sensitive/confidential information
As part of Peter Manke’s recruiting/hiring/contracting process, a verification of a candidate's background will be made to complete the process. Fingerprints will be required as part of FINRA registration process for submission to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for review against nationwide fingerprint records.
All persons with securities registrations are subject to TIMI’s Outside Securities Accounts Policy which requires all outside brokerage accounts to be maintained at one of the firms designated by TIMI.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.