DescriptionThe Associate Security Professional is responsible for providing a safe and secure work environment for employees, contractors, and visitors; protecting member information, and protection of company assets. The position provides 24/7 security and emergency response at the designated location, by ensuring proper controls, responding to situations, and completing assigned shift duties. The Associate Security Professional must be able to take direction well, work independently and efficiently handle emergencies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responding to life safety and emergency incidents, taking command of the scene and provide any needed aide, medical attention or directions to those nearby.
Secure premises by watching a CCTV system or patrolling Thrivent Financial property, securing doors and access points, operating multiple computer systems and communication equipment, preparing documentation, report writing, maintaining records, inspecting buildings for vandalism, suspicious activity or persons and look for safety and fire hazards.
Provide support and assistance to employees, contractors, visitors and other units within Corporate Security & Business Resilience, and the company with safety and security related issues when needed.
- Coordinate and maintain visitor information as needed and ensures security procedures are followed for access into our facilities. Conduct escorts for employees, contractors, vendors, and visitors.
- Assist or conduct regular audits of security and life safety equipment and systems.
- Other duties as assigned and outlined in the shift duties.
Required Job Qualifications
- Minimum age 18.
- Valid Driver License.
- High School Degree.
- Customer service, security, or military experience.
- Able to pass background check.
- Able to speak and write English fluently.
- Ability to quickly learn complex programs and security procedures, work on a PC, accessing and navigating multiple software applications in a Windows environment while talking on the telephone at the same time. Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Suite, primarily in Word, Excel, and Outlook is desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail is required. Ability to clearly communicate with a wide variety of audiences. Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain a high quality of work while experiencing frequent interruptions.
- Requires the obtaining and maintaining of Central Station Alarm Association Central Station Operator I certification within 1 year of employment.
- Ability to complete and maintain First Aid, CPR, AED, and other advanced training certifications with the ability to perform CPR for at least 30 minutes, quickly climb 3 flights of stairs, climb a 6' - 8' ladder, walk and/or sit for extended periods of time and occasionally push, pull, or lift up to 35 pounds.
- Required to successfully complete department Training Program within 90 days of employment and maintain a high level of proficiency.
Other Critical Factors
- Required to work a schedule based on business needs including, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime. Schedules may fluctuate between shifts and work days, average workweek for full time employees is 40-50 hours per week.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Ability to work with other department staff members and facility staff to provide a safe and secure work environment.
- Demonstrates resilience in the face of ambiguity, shifting priorities and rapid change. Thrives in a fast-paced environment and remains calm in stressful situations with the ability to effectively prioritize information and events.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.