SummaryThe Liverpool, NY financial services practice for Thrivent, is looking to grow their practice with an Administrative Assistant. We take a broad-based approach to helping our members achieve multiple financial goals. Our Financial Advisors help our members analyze their current situation, develop in-depth financial programs, and help them implement an integrated financial strategy to be wise with money and live generously.
Thrivent Financial is a faith-based, not-for-profit financial services organization with approximately 2.6 million members. As the nation's largest fraternal benefit society, we're here solely to help others. We help every day through the financial solutions we offer, the member activities we support, and the resources we provide to the Christian community and nonprofit organizations.
This is an IN OFFICE position. This role is critical to our member experience and requires a friendly, upbeat demeanor. The incumbent supports the daily operations of the practice, including, but not limited to answering the phones, meeting/greeting members, handling/distributing postal mail and practice email, ordering supplies, utilizing Thrivent computer systems and programs in support of client relations, and other administrative tasks as assigned.
You are customer focused, organized, and resourceful. You can handle multiple details, follow-through and help the clients feel supported and appreciated. If this sounds like you - we would love to talk with you! This position allows for a flexible work schedule, up to 40 hours per week and is fully in person.
Benefits and Salary:
• SIMPLE Plan with 3% match after 6 months
• 15 vacation days – prorated at start date and based on hours per week
• 2 floating holidays – prorated at start date and based on hours per week
• Salary $20.00 - $25.00/hr depending on experience
• If candidate is interested in obtaining licenses, cost of study materials and exams will be covered
- Handles incoming telephone calls and responds to requests for information
- Performs routine administrative duties such as maintaining office supplies and processing mail
- Prepares or coordinates the preparation of routine correspondence, reports, and special projects typically of a routine nature
- Supports projects, administration of various programs, and processing functions as needed
- Drive client/member facing activity in the practice by scheduling meetings with client/members on behalf of the practice’s Financial Advisors
- Update the contact management system with client/member contact and preference information
- Assist Financial Advisors in the preparation and follow up for the client/member meetings
- Provides back-up support on tasks that do not require any type of licensing or registration for other staff members, as needed
- Participates in the business planning process
- Completes other miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- Handling analytical tasks, reporting etc.
- Previous administrative/secretarial experience desired
- Strong technical computer aptitude and knowledge of business tools (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or ability to learn
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain a high quality of work while experiencing frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain integrity of sensitive/confidential information
- Basic understanding of our practice, products and services, and Thrivent
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Must be able to work with all roles of the practice
- Must be able to represent the organization in work with external clients
- Must be able to cultivate and maintain relationships with outside organizations
As part of the recruiting/hiring/contracting process, a verification of your background will be made to complete the process. Fingerprints will be required as part of FINRA registration process and for submission to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for review against nationwide fingerprint records. Thrivent is a membership-owned diversified financial services organization that serves Christians and their families. As a mission-driven, Fortune 500 organization, it helps guide its more than 2 million members and customers to be wise with money.