From soldier to civilian
Successfully transition to the civilian workforce with a career as a Thrivent financial advisor.
We are proud to be partnering with SkillBridge
Thrivent was founded over 120 years ago as a membership-owned organization of Christians.
Today, we're a Fortune 500 financial services organization that helps people build solid financial futures and live meaningful lives.
And we're growing. So, as you transition to civilian life, consider exploring a career as a Thrivent financial advisor.
"I had served for many years in the Marine Corps. After, what I had lost was that greater purpose—what's my bigger purpose in life? The reason I came to Thrivent was I could find that again in helping clients. It wasn't the same as being in the military, but I could still have that greater purpose in my life. And that's really why I was called here."
Your military experience helps prepare you for success
As a service member, you likely exhibit many of the traits we’re looking for, which include:
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
- Caring, approachable and trustworthy.
- Driven to succeed.
- Motivated to help others.
- Good at building relationships.
What you can expect from us
During Thrivent's training program, you'll:
- Complete the interview and selection process. If we’re a good fit for one another, you’ll receive an offer to continue as an advisor trainee.
- Gain sales skills, product training and guidance to help you study for and pass all necessary insurance licensing and securities registration exams.
- Receive interactive development and business planning to prepare you to enter the industry as a financial advisor, helping clients navigate life’s financial journeys.
We salute your service
At Thrivent, we value veterans and appreciate the sacrifices you've made for our country.
The skills you've obtained through your service are ones we also seek out for successful financial advisors. From dedication, commitment, entrepreneurship and beyond, you can make the most of your service mindset and experience in a career as a Thrivent financial advisor.
We invite you to explore this opportunity through the DoD SkillBridge and Thrivent partnership.
You may also find this informational booklet helpful to learn more about Thrivent and the financial advisor career.
A network of support
We have many Business Resource Networks available to our workforce at Thrivent. One of these is our Military Veterans Network, which honors those who serve and have served our country, by raising awareness of veteran issues and connecting our workforce and their families to support and resources.